Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by drakes2

Celebrity Silhouette
Member Name: drakes2
Cruise Date: January 2013
Cabin Category: 2C
See More About: Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Public Rooms Not Rated

Fantastic Cruise despite Guest Relations Issues
I decided to go on this cruise alone and had a fabulous time despite poor service from the Guest Relations Department. Took an early morning flight out of Toronto and was on the ship sometime before noon. Had lunch with a group of people I met on my flight down while waiting for our cabins to be ready. My cabin was lovely, the last one on Deck 6 with a huge balcony that had tons of space for my clothes and a nice bathroom with lots of shelves for toiletry items. I was met shortly after by my cabin attendant and given a card with a small onboard credit. When I asked about the rest of the credit which was missing he said to wait a couple of days as it takes 48 hours to appear on my folio. In the meantime, I kept getting letters from Guest Relations as I had not authorized my account with a credit card as I knew there was enough OBC to cover most of my expenses. A new letter appeared every day for the next 3 days, so I went down to the relations department and inquired about my credit which had not shown up on my account by Day 3. They informed me that I was not entitled to additional OBC and I had documentation to prove otherwise so they sent an e mail to their Head Office in Miami and said they would call me in my cabin if the credit appeared and it was not necessary for me to come to guest relations again. I called my TA and was told the credit was sent over in December when I booked the cruise and was missed by Celebrity. It was finally applied the second to last day. I never received a call from Guest Relations as they stated and when I asked why not they said maybe they did call and I was not in the cabin at the time. I guess they've never heard of voice mail. They were not rude but I found them to be most unhelpful. They are in dire need of ongoing training which I don't believe they are getting. The service was excellent in all other areas: cabin attendants, waiters, pool attendants, etc.

Apart from that issue, I had wonderful table mates at dinner, visited three islands, took a Sail and Snorkel expedition in St. Maarten in the morning, and did a bit of shopping in the afternoon. In St. Thomas it rained in the morning, so I just did some port shopping and went back to the ship before noon. By that time, the sun was coming out and I had an enjoyable afternoon reading a book by the pool.

We docked mid afternoon in San Juan, so I just walked around the port for a couple of hours and headed back to the ship for dinner.

I went to four shows on the ship which have been mentioned on previous reviews.

Debarkation was quick an efficient. I had an early morning flight back home and asked to be in the first group to get off the ship and they gave me luggage tags for Group 14 which they finally corrected later that day.

I would cruise Celebrity again as I love the line and their S-Class of ships but really hope they improve on service with the Guest Relations Department.

Publication Date: 01/28/13