Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by Get serious: CELEBRITY MILLENNIUM. Worst cruise ever. Stay away. .

Get serious
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Celebrity Millennium Asia Cruises

CELEBRITY MILLENNIUM. Worst cruise ever. Stay away. .

Sail Date: January 2013
Destination: Asia
Embarkation: Singapore

Well all I can say about our cruise that was good is that the boat didn't sink. Although come to think of it I think they should tow the boat to the middle of the ocean and sink it whilst no one is on it. At least the fish would enjoy it!

Our holiday started in Singapore. Checking into the cruise was ok , but the "ok" stopped there. Our first port of call was Lombok Indonesia. We didn't take one of their ridiculously overpriced tours so we did it on our own. It was nice But when we got back to the tender boat to take us to the ship there was a line of approx 800 waiting in 32c heat in the sun to get back on. No water or chairs and only one tender boat running carting 150 people at a time meant we were in for a long wait. I saw and old lady in the line faint and a little child push in his pants. I was thirsty and already feeling tired from the day out. The sun was beating down for about 45 min but then clouds rolled in and it started pissing down. We all got drenched. About 30 More min later we boarded our tender boat. Everyone was totally wet, exhausted and pissed, off that is... By the time I got back to the ship I was feeling a bit sick and sneezing. I and many others complained. No one cared.

The next port was Komodo. I didn't get off as I just could face a huge line for tenders and the ameuterish job the company did at looking after us passengers. Next stop was Bali.
We decided to get off to see Bali and hoped that the crew would be a bit more professional when it came to transferring its passengers from ship to shore and back again. I was feeling sicker now but still went ashore. Handing out tender tickets to get off the boat was a shambles with queues and disgruntled passengers everywhere took us 1 hr 15 min to get off the boat.

We spent the day in Bali which was ok but at that stage I was really sick. Anyway again we went back to get a tender back to the boat and blow my sox off there were about 800 people waiting in a boiling hot room with no proper lines waiting to get back to the ship. In this port they used another tender service as well which I am sure Celebrity never researched as to the sea worthiness of their boats or the capability of their captains.

Any to make a short story long, after 1.5 hrs waiting we boarded the big tender boat and were stick outside with thick black smoke billowing out of its backside onto all us passengers. This made me sick. They wouldn't let me go inside or downstairs . I just had to stay their and suck in the fumes.

Finally we reached the boat but it took 30 min for the captain of the large Indonesian tender to tie up with the ship. He had no idea how to drive when there is a current and the crew had no idea how to throw ropes or tie up. The rope snapped when I was on the plank moving from the tender to the ship I jumped back. Lucky I was not killed. Another small tender was sinking the celebrity shis crew did nothing. When I got back on I went and joined the line to complain. I spoke to the head of the tendering dept. he had no idea. I have a boat and told him a few home truths. All I can say is they were all useless.

The next day I got really sick and had to go down to see the DR on the ship. She said I had a throat infection and that antibiotics would be unlikely to help. I wondered why she only listened to my chest at my should level on each side and not lower down as well like all other doctors I have ever seen do. I new I had a lung infection. She said my lungs were clear. I was sick for the rest of the cruise. Yes about 10 days.

During those 10 days I did go to the restaurant" blu". In aqua class. The food was average and the waiter was just there for the money. Yes he told us that. You could tell he hated the cruise almost as much as we did .

I also went to the various entertainment events each night in the theatre. They had a pair of magicians that were as good as my son at presenting tricks when he was 5 years old. Apparently they were the best in Asia in 2010. Either they have gone down hill rapidly since then or I would hate to see other lesser Asian magicians.

The next night it was a Comedians turn to to brighten up the passengers. You could hear a pin drop after his jokes. He was useless. In fact unfunny making jokes about his grandfather who was a Nazi. It was really sad. He should have been thrown overboard after that act .
Another night there was a xylophone cum penis, sorry pianist playing. He was fast but boring and his energy would have been better rowing his boat ashore. The only good acts were the dancers and singers who were full time with the cruise. The casuals were pathetic and obviously cheap. I guess they paid peanuts and got monkeys. Sorry monkeys. I would have enjoyed you.

Anyway we finally ended our cruise and flew straight home to the Dr. He listened to my chest properly right around. At the lower lung he heard a crackle and said you have had and still have pneumonia. Great. Bloody Dr on the ship. He put me on strong antibiotics imediatly after getting the X-ray confirming pneumonia.

We have been back for a week. I sent an email to the CEO of celebrity. No reply. I sent one to celebrity complaints Dept. No reply.

This is disgusting. They were happy to graphic our $14000 for the cruise but not happy to reply or reimburse us anything other than the ships useless Drs bill.
Very very unhappy. Have been on many cruises. This is the worst line. Stay away. Less

Read more Celebrity Millennium cruise reviews >>