Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by lem4

Member Name: lem4
Cruise Date: January 2013
Embarkation: other
Cabin Category: K

Getting away from the cold!
I signed up for the Meet & Mingle. Received an email saying info will be sent to my cabin. I never received any info on it.

My biggest disappointment was a lack of activities to do during the day, especially when it's too cold to go outside. They need better activities to do during the day. It's a good thing they have the Promenade to kill time.

Loved the promenade & the parades etc on it. Sales were great at the shops.

The Palace shows were as someone on here described it "cheesy". I didn't go to them all because I was bored with them.

The comedian who juggled on a ladder was a riot. I laughed through the whole show. The other comedian was so-so. Leigh's top 10 stupidest questions following him were a lot funnier than the comedian himself. Leigh is great. Frank was good too. The Ice show was fabulous. Too bad there was only one.

Every one raves about the Quest Game. I thought it was dumb but that's just my opinion as most people seemed to love it. I like Trivia games so I went to as many as I could. Karaoke was a lot of fun too.

I thought they still had midnight buffets but they don't. The last planned activity was usually around 11:00.

I am a fussy eater but found plenty of things to eat at any time of day. I liked the Windjammer but by the time you get your food & found a place to sit, the food was cold. Get a drink & place it & something on the table to save it then get your food & it won't be cold. Dinner at the Main Dining Room took 2 hours every night. Shout out to Costyntine (sp?)our waiter. Loved the waiters singing.

My favorite thing to do on a ship at night is to "party" at the pool with music, dancing & entertainment. They scheduled 3 parties on the pool deck then changed all 3 to the Promenade. Very disappointing. Not one night of partying at the pool. Had great time at the Chamber on Disco night. Other times we went there & no one was there. The Caribbean band they had was great& they played a lot.

I don't gamble so I didn't go to the Casino except to pass through it but my niece won just under $100.00 spending $4.00.

Service at Ben & Jerry's ice cream was just about non existent. I stood there for 10 minutes waiting for service. They just seem to ignore the ice cream customers. You have to pay for it also so you would think you'd get better service. I miss the raspberry strudel & brownies at the Cafe Promenade. Yum! Good service there.

We lucked out the day before returning to Bayonne with a beautiful sunny warm day at the pool. Day 10 was a freezing 25 degrees. Back to reality!!

All and all I was not all that impressed with EOS & wouldn't go back again. Two people in my family were first time cruisers & they have no interest in doing it again at all. My sister's 3rd cruise & she's through with cruising. She says the quality is not there anymore like it used to be. I'm not sure if I would go again either.

Publication Date: 01/28/13