Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by TigerBalm

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by TigerBalm
Mariner of the Seas
Mariner of the Seas
Member Name: TigerBalm
Cruise Date: January 2013
Embarkation: Galveston
Cabin Category: L
See More About: Mariner of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Great Week in January on the Mariner of the Seas
We had the most wonderful time on cruising in January. We have always cruised during the summer or spring break time and worried about the weather. I was pleasantly surprised. The weather was wonderful! Another plus, traveling at this time was very few children were on board. Don't get me wrong, I love kids, but it was really nice to experience a cruise without children clogging the elevators and hot tubs.

We enjoyed all aspects of the ship. It was very clean and had been recently remodeled. The artwork throughout the ships halls and stairwells is very interesting. I actually participated in one of the art tours on the last day at sea and really enjoyed it. I would recommend you take the time to do this activity; it was very informative and interesting.

Service was good. All staff was very friendly and courteous. We really enjoyed our cabin Stewart (Randy). He spoke very good English and took care of every request.

Entertainment was excellent in the lounges and bars. We really enjoyed the Schooner Piano Bar. Phil Anderson is really fun and entertaining. There were 2 bands performing for private events and they would make guest appearances in the Piano bar with Phil. The Mickey Utley band was really good too.

In Roatan we took the Victor Bodden Snorkel trip that we booked on our own. He has many different options and the price is very reasonable. They are very courteous, timely and fun. We really enjoyed the snorkeling and the site seeing of the island. I would highly recommend this tour group.

I have traveled to Belize previously but had never taken a snorkel tour. We booked privately through coralbreezetours (Shark/Ray Alley Snorkeling and Caye Caulker Exploration) this was by far the best snorkeling trip we have ever been on. The Staff were very professional and really love what they do! I can't wait to go back and do this one again.

Cozumel: We hired a driver for the day with Tours Plaza. They were great and took us any where we wanted to go. We took the Tequila factory tour (free) and then went to several bars on the other side of the island. Miegel was a great driver and took very good care of us. He is a great singer too!

My husband and I are looking forward to another January cruise next year!

Publication Date: 01/27/13