Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review by TigerBalm: Great Week in January on the Mariner of the Seas

TigerBalm
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Mariner of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Great Week in January on the Mariner of the Seas

Sail Date: January 2013
Embarkation: Galveston

We had the most wonderful time on cruising in January. We have always cruised during the summer or spring break time and worried about the weather. I was pleasantly surprised. The weather was wonderful! Another plus, traveling at this time was very few children were on board. Don't get me wrong, I love kids, but it was really nice to experience a cruise without children clogging the elevators and hot tubs.
We enjoyed all aspects of the ship. It was very clean and had been recently remodeled. The artwork throughout the ships halls and stairwells is very interesting. I actually participated in one of the art tours on the last day at sea and really enjoyed it. I would recommend you take the time to do this activity; it was very informative and interesting.
Service was good. All staff was very friendly and courteous. We really enjoyed our cabin Stewart (Randy). He spoke very good English and took care of every request.
Entertainment was excellent in the lounges and More bars. We really enjoyed the Schooner Piano Bar. Phil Anderson is really fun and entertaining. There were 2 bands performing for private events and they would make guest appearances in the Piano bar with Phil. The Mickey Utley band was really good too.
In Roatan we took the Victor Bodden Snorkel trip that we booked on our own. He has many different options and the price is very reasonable. They are very courteous, timely and fun. We really enjoyed the snorkeling and the site seeing of the island. I would highly recommend this tour group.
Cozumel: We hired a driver for the day with Tours Plaza. They were great and took us any where we wanted to go. We took the Tequila factory tour (free) and then went to several bars on the other side of the island. Miegel was a great driver and took very good care of us. He is a great singer too!
My husband and I are looking forward to another January cruise next year! Less

Read more Mariner of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Mariner of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Mariner of the Seas Interior Stateroom Deck 6

Our cabin was very typical inside stateroom. I did like the flat screen tv. The bed did not allow for any space on the side to get in and out of, we had to slide off each morning. Would prefer some room on each side it would be much easier to get in and out of.

Wonderful port, just hate tendering! I have traveled to Belize previously but had never taken a snorkel tour. We booked privately through coralbreezetours (Shark/Ray Alley Snorkeling and Caye Caulker Exploration) this was by far the best snorkeling trip we have ever been on. The Staff were very professional and really love what they do! I can't wait to go back and do this one again.

(5.5)
Read 3104 Cozumel Reviews

(5.5)
I have visited this port on several other trips. They have really made great improvements at the port. I love this island and look forward to visiting each time. We were on a private snorkel and Island tour using the Victor Bodden Tours. This was a great experience. Big Al took very good care of us. We had a wonderful day on the island. The beaches are beautiful and the snorkeling is wonderful. I purchased 2 sets of the most beautiful mahogany salad bowls in one of the beach side tents. The price was 1/2 what the vendors at the port were asking.
Read 1645 Roatan Reviews