Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by mashonk: Allure was better for us than the Oasis

mashonk
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Allure was better for us than the Oasis

Sail Date: January 2013

We went on a Easten Caribbean cruise the week after new years as a last minute reservation. We were able to try the boardwalk balcony cabin at the end of the hall on deck 9. Loved this cabin. Plenty of room, view of the ocean, watched the aqua show from our balcony, & it was not noisy. The cabin attendant Rej was great. Our every wish was fulfilled with a smile! I don't know why RCCL doesn't use these screens to show movies when the Aqua shows are not running?
We did have a little trouble with My Time Dining. We are not night owls. The waiting time from 7:00PM - 8:30 pm is out of sight. We asked to be changed to early dining when we arrived like we were instructed. We were told we would be notified the next afternoon with a note in our cabin. No note, went to dinner at 7:00 pm in the dining room. My time attendant asked why we were there we had been changed to early dining. Both my husband and myself assured her we were not notified and we had checked with our stateroom More attendant. She asked us to sit down and she called. She said we were changed and marked the table number on my husband's cruise card and then seated us. (Very Rudely!)
The next night we had Chef's table so it was Wednesday when we went to our assigned table. The waiter welcomed us and asked us where we were. We explained our experience and she was understanding and the service was great.
We thought the food overall was good to very good. They changed the menu since we were on the Oasis in Sept 2011. We liked the changes. Yes they offer a pay steak etc. But they offer a strip beef steak free every night if you wish.
The shows were good. Not Broadway quality but good!
We are Diamond members & visited the Diamond lounge during the evening hours. We were sad to find out that I could not have a bloody Mary (really how hard is it to have bloody Mary mix) and my husband could not have Jim Beam. They offered Jack Daniels. (is it really that more expensive!) The area is identical to the Oasis so we knew what to expect. We really feel that this small area is a slap in the face to all the Diamond members. The lounge for Diamond plus and suite members is fabulous! We went there for the Chef's Table.
The only excursion we went on was snorkeling in St Thomas in St John's. It was a beautiful day and the water was great. Not a lot of fish but good. You really have to visit these islands to get great snorkeling. We did the express check out and I was really worried about getting our 2 bags per person off the ship via the elevators. We hooked both our bags together and were at the elevators at 630am and had no problems. We were off the ship and through customs by 7:00 am. NO PROBLEMS what so ever! It is a challenge rolling your bags down the gang plank it is not for the weak or challenged. Less

Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Allure of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Allure of the Seas Boardwalk view Stateroom with Balcony Deck 8 9329

9329 great cabin, great view of the ocean, boardwalk and aqua show. Didn't feel it was a long walk to our cabin and service was great.