“Italy, Spain, Portugal and more”
Cruise review of Holland America Maasdam

haterain Maasdam 1 Italy, Spain, Portugal and more
haterain
Member Since 2012
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
I can't believe that we were on the same cruise that the other couple who said it was so great. We had open sitting and after three tries of eating that way we moved to the lido for the rest of the trip. It was taking up to three hours to eat. At the Lido everyday I was served on Chipped dishes, lipstick on water glasses and twice chipped glasses. They usually had around 200 eat in the Lido and they were serving between 400-500 as no one was willing to wait that long in the dining room. There was not enough help, so lot of us helped the waiters, which we enjoyed, as they were so over worked. The ship couldn't keep up with the food and many times we had no place to sit. The ship came down with the flu, and the crew did a great job for a week keeping it under control, but the casino and stores were kept open as that is where the ship makes the money. The laundry was closed, but we could pay $20.00 to have the laundry done for us. We had a veranda, and for the first week, we had no lite on the deck as we were told by the hotel manager that the Coast Guard had a rule as we were close to the front of the ship, we were not able to have a lite. Found out that he had no clue what he was talking about, as all that was wrong was the breaker needed to be reset. We had no air condition for the first five days, but that could happen to anyone, in fact it did to several other cabins. There were so many people smoking cigars, it didn't matter what part of the pool area you were in, you got that great smell. They have a right to smoke, but I have a right not to smell it. In 42 days the dancers only put on four shows, and one of the shows was only singing. Talking to one of the singers, she said she was so bored, that they were getting paid good money, but the company wasn't using them. The officers were so unhappy, we know of three that quit mid cruise We have been sailing on Holland for the past 20 years, and have really seen it go down hill, with no one really caring. Would I use Holland again, only if I cant find another cruise line that goes where I want to cruise. We have three cruises book and non are on Holland.
Maasdam Cruises to the Western Mediterranean

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Maasdam Review
Maasdam Cruises to the Western Mediterranean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?