Carnival Triumph 4

“First timer with triumph out of Galveston”
Cruise review of Carnival Triumph

Donholt13
Member Since 2013
2 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Jst got home from my very first cruise thought I would share my thoughts. I'm in my early 50's and had a blast. Took this one out of Galveston to progreso Mexico ( horrible stop save your money and time here) there is free wifi at the bar past the duty free shop, you can't miss it and for a cheap beer you can get caught up for a minute. But the town is horrible, dirty, and carnival should really look at just skipping this stop.... But Cozumel is worth the wait of course. All around great place.
The ship, the staff, and all the people on the cruise were great.... I had a great first experience and will certainly go agin just probably not this destination unless they take off progreso.
Weird though there was a guy die of a heart attack in the casino Sunday night..that was a little different.. Ship handled it very well. I feel for the wife though.
And then 2 people one at progreso the other at Cozumel tried to re-enter the ship with weed purchased at the stops.. Not a good More idea..as they now are still in the ports and who knows how much fun the Mexican authorities are having with them.. So might want to think about that choice before you make it..

But I loved it overall. Would love to see more about what happened on this cruise if others wan to share.. Less

Carnival Triumph Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: January 2013
Embarkation: Galveston
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Ocean View

Mr Sanchez beach was great. Order some chips and go feed the fish in the water..vey cool.
Read 4533 Cozumel Reviews

Horrible stop.. Save your money and time on this one.. Carnival should reconsider this stop. Really dirty town... Save it for Cozumel that's the prize. We went to private beach mr. Sanchez. $50 all inclusive drinks and eats. $15 each way cab ride. Nice place to have some fun.
Read 360 Progreso Reviews

Published 01/27/13

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Triumph Review

Carnival Triumph Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?