Celebrity Summit 5

“Royal Suite in Southern Carribbean”
Cruise review of Celebrity Summit

naperguy12
Member Since 2013
3 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

All in all our group of 8 had a wonderful time on this cruise. From check-in to check-out all was pretty easy.

Our Royal Suite 6141 - Butler was Santos, and he was attentive and always there when we needed something without being annoying. He even accompanied our group to "Blu" one night when we didn't have a reservation for 8. Very helpful. Breakfast was always on time in our room, and afternoon canapes and coffee were usually between 3:30 and 4:30. Our "room attendant" was Eugene and we always had our bed made, fresh towels, and plenty of toiletries. Being my first cruise I was disappointed in not having any "towel animals" though. Others in our group did have them who were not in a Royal Suite. BIG PERK: I guess because we were in the Royal Suite we received Captain's Club Elite status for this cruise. Ton's of free stuff like coupons for free internet service, free laundry, dry-cleaning, discounts on spa services, and access to the Captains Club cocktail party, More etc. This status saved us several hundred dollars on perks.

Our dining experience: Main dining room food and service was average to good. The hostess Diana was fantastic at accommodating us. Kuddo's to Diana. She remembered us after the first night. The food was good, but nothing memorable. Normandy Restaurant was excellent. Some of the best lamb chops I've ever had. A lot of table-side preparation at Normandy. Wonderful grand marnier souffle. Staff was terrific. Blu restaurant we ate here one night and it was good. It was nice to be away from the main dining room crowd. Qsine restaurant was good, but be prepared for a 3 hour tapas style dining. Way to much food. We even cancelled some of our orders. One thing that really pissed me off about Qsine is we tried to make a 7:30 reservation and was told only 6:30 and 8:30 was available. Reluctantly we chose the 6:30. After being seating promptly we saw that the restaurant wasn't full nor did it ever fill up threw our whole time there. There were empty tables everywhere. Even when we finished dinner at 9:30 the place was only about 1/2 full. Have no idea why they wouldn't accommodate us at our 7:30 time.

Crush bar was a lot of fun and where we spent most of our alcoholic times. Jennifer and Sheldon are the best. Also right next to the casino which made it convenient.

The pools were nice and not crowded. The indoor therapy pool was great too. I had a very nice (but pricey) message at the spa. Watch out for the pushing of products after your service. They didn't even ask me if I wanted them, just added them to my bill and handed me a package of creams and oils.

What really made this cruise so nice was the absence of children. The age range was from 40's to 70's. Less

Celebrity Summit Cruises to the Southern Caribbean

Published 01/28/13

Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Summit Review

Celebrity Summit Cruises to the Southern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?