Costa Atlantica Cruise Review by tekeella

Member Name: tekeella
Cruise Date: December 2009
Embarkation: other
Cabin Category: B6
See More About: Costa Atlantica Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Costa Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Ship Facts: Costa Atlantica Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Costa Atlantica Deck Plans
Excellent Cruise
For us the cruise was exactly what we wanted. Perhaps if we had not booked inside guarantee and ended up with a nice balcony cabin I wouldn't have been as happy. Who knows, but for my sister and I, both first time cruisers, the service, food, cabin and entertainment were excellent.

Ou cabin was very spacious and comfortable, the balconies were nice, but I would've like a lounger, though there probably was not enough room. I liked the dividers between the balconies more than some other ships I have seen. Very clean and nice. Beautiful view. our attendant was wonderful and less pushy and yet more attentive than I have now experienced on Carnival. Our wait staff was enthusiastic and remembered us. My sister loved the caesar salad and every night there was one for her within 5 minutes of sitting down, even if it wasn't on the menu.

The ports were beautiful, the ship was comfortable and amazing.

The biggest complaint I heard on board was also the biggest compliment I could pay Costa after going on a Carnival Cruise. They stuck to the rules. Children were not allowed to just run around, or wear dripping bathing suits into the dining rooms, and adults were expected to respect posted rule. Yes there were less rules about smoking and other things, but the rules were enforced. No kids in the adult section, no exceptions. It made a huge difference for what I wanted out of a cruise.

Publication Date: 01/25/13