MSC Divina Cruise Review by AlaskaAndBeyond: MSC Divina--gorgeous ship!
Member Since 2013
Compare Prices on MSC Divina Europe - Western Mediterranean Cruises
MSC Divina--gorgeous ship!
We cruised on the MSC Divina January 5, 2013, 11 night cruise from Malaga. What a gorgeous ship! Spotless from top to bottom with excellent staff.
This review is about the little details....
1. To buy the drinks or water package or not:
USA and Canadian guests receive coupons for a one litre bottle of water per day.
The water package provides 14 one litre bottles---one package is plenty for two people.
The tap water is potable.
There is free coffee/water/ice/cold milk 24 hrs in buffet
There is free juice with breakfast (although it tasted a lot like Tang)
Glass of wine: approx. 5eu
Beer: approx 5eu
Bottle wine: approx. 20-25eu
Litre bottle of water: 2.30eu
coffee with dinner: 2.30eu
2. Laundry is 25eu per load. If you hang your hand washing in the shower it dries overnight---it has an excellent exhaust fan.
3. Breakfast served in your cabin is free
4. Food in the buffet and the More dining room is quite good. We did not try the specialty restaurants. The buffet tends to be quite loud and crowded during peak times.
5. Entertainment in the evenings was excellent (music, singing, dancing, acrobats)
6. If you want a balcony with a glass railing you need to book category 9 or higher. Our cabin had a steel railing and I felt a little boxed in.
7. The rooms were very spacious and comfortable
8. Internet: Cybercafe using their computers--1.50eu/minute. WiFi--12eu for 60 minutes, 19eu for 100 minutes
9. Daily newspaper: 2.50eu per day for a computer printout of your paper of choice
10. Embarkation and disembarkation: very smooth. By allowing guests to board in Rome, Genoa, Barcelona, and Malaga, there is never a huge group of people. We boarded in Malaga and it looked like only about 50-100 people were boarding. We sailed right through. They did NOT take our passports as one other reviewer mentioned, so disembarkation also went quickly.
11. One negative: deceptive pricing in the spa. My daughter booked a hair cut which was advertised on special for 24eu. When it was done it cost 66eu---the shampoo and blow dry was extra but was not mentioned.
12. On sunny days the pool areas and decks were elbow to elbow crowded. Less
Read more MSC Divina cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Divina Review >>
Cabin review: MSC Divina 9050
Comfortable and spacious cabin but the balcony railing was steel which gave you a real closed in feeling. If you sat on the balcony you could not see out, you felt like you were in a box.
We couldn't drink enough!
Frequent Cruiser Loved Azamara
No longer a Premium Brand on t...
MSC Divina - Yacht Club-Best K...
Recommended with major reserva...
Better than expected