Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Thom524

Cabin Category: 8E
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Suprisingly Good Dream
Our group of 14 adults and one toddler had a fantastic time on our "Dream" cruise. A few of us had FTTF and the only real advantage appeared to be the immediate cabin access as the non FTTF people were aboard very soon after us although a couple trips to guest services were expedited by the FTTF status.

The buffet never seemed overwhelmingly busy,the BBQ on the Lanai was busy but the line moved quickly and the pasta bar ended the week with a 30 to 45 minute wait. The food in the dining room was better than I expected and portions were adequate. The waiters are spread more thinly than I remember which sometimes slowed the service.

We had the proverbial ninja steward who I met by accident on the first day(he knew my name) but never got more than a glimpse of him the rest of the week yet he kept the cabin spotless.

Debarkation was one of the smoothest I have ever experienced and even though we were FTTF we were in no hurry and didn't leave when our number was called and there were no problems getting off the ship, finding our luggage, clearing customs, leaving the terminal or getting a cab.

Having read reviews on Cruise Critic I was concerned about taking the Dream but the ship and crew proved all my worries unfounded. We all had a wonderful time and would not hesitate to sail this ship again.

Publication Date: 01/27/13