Carnival Dream 5

Thom524
Member Since 2008
121 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Our group of 14 adults and one toddler had a fantastic time on our "Dream" cruise. A few of us had FTTF and the only real advantage appeared to be the immediate cabin access as the non FTTF people were aboard very soon after us although a couple trips to guest services were expedited by the FTTF status.
The buffet never seemed overwhelmingly busy,the BBQ on the Lanai was busy but the line moved quickly and the pasta bar ended the week with a 30 to 45 minute wait. The food in the dining room was better than I expected and portions were adequate. The waiters are spread more thinly than I remember which sometimes slowed the service.
We had the proverbial ninja steward who I met by accident on the first day(he knew my name) but never got more than a glimpse of him the rest of the week yet he kept the cabin spotless.
Debarkation was one of the smoothest I have ever experienced and even though we were FTTF we were in no hurry and didn't leave when our number was called More and there were no problems getting off the ship, finding our luggage, clearing customs, leaving the terminal or getting a cab.
Having read reviews on Cruise Critic I was concerned about taking the Dream but the ship and crew proved all my worries unfounded. We all had a wonderful time and would not hesitate to sail this ship again. Less

Carnival Dream Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: January 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)
Family & Children

Published 01/27/13

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review

Carnival Dream Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?