Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by JM2013

Cruise Date: January 2013
Embarkation: Hong Kong
Destination: Asia
Cabin Category: C1
See More About: Celebrity Millennium Cruise Reviews | Asia Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Horrible Cruise. Worst ship in the Celebrity Line.
My husband and I go on cruise twice a year.We went to Asia cruise from Singapore to Hong Kong with Celebrity Millennium from Dec.9th to 23rd/2012.

This cruise was just like a nightmare to us.The Celebrity cruise is suppose to be 51/2 * ----6*,but this time the service is worst than 1* We heard all other passengers complained about the ship and service too,didn't hear anyone said anything good about this cruise.

1. My husband is a home dialysis patient,so every time before we go on cruise we have to notify the hospital and medical supplier to arrange special delivery all the dialysis stuffs for us.Every time when we check into the cabin,all the medical supplies were already delivered and they put in the closet for us.But this time when we checked into the cabin there was nothing there.We were in shock,my husband called the concierge and they told us go to the medical office.I went there,the nurse told me that has nothing to do with them and she sent me to the Guest Relation .I waited in line for 20 minutes.the girl told me that according to the computer all the medical stuffs has been delivered onto the ship,but she dosen't know where they are, must be somewhere on the ship.She didn't even bother to find out for me.She said that it's no big deal my husband can do his P.D. when he goes home.I told her it's life and death and my husband won't be able to survive without dialysis for 2 weeks.She said it's not her problem and sent me to a different department .I have never seen anyone with such POOR altitude.Anyway every department told me it had nothing to do with them and kept sending me to different departments. Obviously no one want to be responsible and tried to help us to find out where the medical stufs were. I had been sent to all different departments ,running up and down around the whole ship for 3 hours,I was so tired and felt like to pass out.After dinner we went to the Guest Relation again.There was a different girl there and she told us that according to the computer the medical stuffs were not delivered to the ship yet.She said she will call next morning and get them delivered.I told her the next day is Sunday I don't think anyone will make the delivery.My husband told her that we are going to leave the ship and claim a refund.The next morning I went to the Guest Relation again around 7 am.The girl on night dirty told me that when she came to work last night,she saw 20 boxes in the little room right behind the Guest Relation . This means all the medical stuffs been sitting there right behind the wall of the Guest Relation counter all day and night,but no one bother to go there and check.Each box had a big piece of white paper with my husband's name and our cabin number on it. Since the girl on night duty saw those boxes,why didn't she get someone to bring up to our cabin.

Our son bought us 2-day sightseeing package and a reservation at the Jumbo Seafood Restaurant for dinner on Saturday night.We were not able to go sightseeing and enjoy a nice seafood dinner because I had to run around the whole ship looking for the medical stuffs just because of the ship staff's careless mistakes.

2. One night when we went to the dinning room for dinner,we found our table was set with 2 used dirty glasses with half filled with water and lipstick on the glasses.I called the manager and complained that we have never seen any restaurant set the table for guests with 2 dirty used glassed.He just called the waiter change the glasses for us without a word of apology.

3. One day when I went on shore excursion,my husband didn't so because he been to Thialand 4-5 times already.When the room attendant came to clean the room,my husband went to sit on the balcony so that he can clean the room.After a while the attendant told my husband that he finish cleaning the room and he is leaving.Later my husband wanted to go back into the room and found out that he was locked out on the balcony.Our cabin was on deck 8,he tried to call for help ,but the people at the gateway could not hear him.Lucky there was a lady sitting on the balcony on deck 9,she heard and told my husband that she was going to call some to come and open the door for him.Shortly later a lady ( she said she's the manager of the room attendant department) came and open the door for my husband -------without a word of apology .

We requested to see the captain and make some complains to him but they said that we were not allowed to see the captain.

Anyway this was the *** worst cruise ***we have ever been on -------- the service is extremely POOR,the food ( steak,lamb ,pork chop and chicken were all chewy and like rubber with no flavour at all) was Terrible too.All the staffs did not bother to take care and help the passengers,just sent passengers away to different departments . They all have very bad altitude and not ever a word of apology for their mistakes. If this is the kind of service we get from Celebrity cruise I don't think we will ever go on Celebrity again in the future.

After we came back,I told the travel agent about all these,she also said it's unbelievable such mistakes can happen on a Celebrity ship.She sent a complain to Celebrity head office,but still have not get any respond from Celebrity for 3 weeks.

My friend planned to go on Millenium from Hong Kong to Australia for hight school reunion ( 45 people) on Millenium,after she heard what we experienced.they decide to go with other cruise line. All my friends and relatives said that they will never travel on Celebrity cruise in the future.

I hope if anybody plan to go on Celebrity cruise,they will see this review before they book their cruise with Celebrity.You can get much better service with other cruise lines than Celebrity

Publication Date: 01/27/13