Emerald Princess Cruise Review by Misswings02

Member Name: Misswings02
Cruise Date: December 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: BA
See More About: Emerald Princess Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: Emerald Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Emerald Princess Deck Plans
2012 Holiday Cruise
We selected the cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale to the Southern Caribbean from 12/17 - 12/27/12 because we had never been to Aruba, Bonaire, Grenada.

The ship was decorated nicely for the holidays. It has numerous pools, and we truly enjoyed the adult's only pools and hot tubs. We loved the thermal suite, utilized it almost every day.

Our room was a balcony room with a bathroom a bit small; however, very functional when Noro-Virsus hit (See below). The mattresses on the beds seemed old and worn out, a bit lumpy, and no top sheet I found it not as comfortable as on other cruises.

The staff we very friendly, prompt, and extremely helpful, service in main dining room was prompt and the food was excellent. The Horizon Court and Cafe Caribe offered a nice variety of very good dishes; however, we were on vacation and wanted sit down meals service with a wait staff. We selected the champagne balcony breakfast for Christmas Day; however, we had to reschedule (you will understand why below). They were very accommodating with our re-schedule, unfortunately even with the re-schedule I had no appetite; however, my husband devoured a good percentage of food and said everything was awesome. Well worth the money spent for this extra service.

Despite careful attention to hand washing, using antiseptic gel, etc. the Noro-virus struck me like a Tsunami Christmas Eve night. I had never been so ill. I spent Christmas Eve night and Christmas day in the tiny bathroom going at both ends simultaneously luckily my husband never got sick. I decided to tell Noro-virus you DID NOT ruin our Holiday Cruise. I told my husband; hey, it was a very painful way to take off those extra Holiday pounds I gained the first part of the cruise (LOL). What else was I going to say, it happened and I hope I never get it again; however, I was not going to let a few days of major discomfort take my joy/peace.

In summary, we are still a bit young for Princess; however, we had the time of our lives. We take a cruise every Christmas to re-connect with each other and shut out the busy day-to-day life activates we come home like newlyweds every year and 2012 was no different. This was our first Princess cruise and we would consider them again.

Publication Date: 01/25/13