Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by Lasttime cruiser

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by Lasttime cruiser
Voyager of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas
Member Name: Lasttime cruiser
Cruise Date: December 2012
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Cabin Category: L
See More About: Voyager of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Australia & New Zealand Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Still paying for the bill
I booked our cruise on line and had no trouble what so ever. Used an internet site. The staff were exceptionally helpful. However we were not informed about the drop off luggage area.

Consequently we booked a motel room for the morning as our flight from Perth had left at midnight & we arrived in Sydney at 6.00am for a boarding at 1.30pm Not wanting to carry our luggage around Sydney we thought this was best. The motel was a flop also we could not get in. We woke the receptionist up who informed us in (Chinese) room not available until 10.00am Despite being told it was serviced 24/7. After discovering we could drop our luggage off - we did so. We proceeded to board & was pleasantly surprised to be able to board earlier given our obvious look of tiredness.

The room was a little small- had to climb over the end of the bed to get to any other area of the room. The bed was veryyyy uncomfortable gave me a back ache every night.

Bathroom was adequate, having cruised before it was better than was expected.

Lucky I took my own shampoo & conditioner, as I could not work out the wall mounted system.

Meals on board were very average, dinned in the buffet room nearly every meal.

This was disappointing that it closed at 9.00pm

In the main dinning room the waiter was very helpful, however when you have allergies to food and have to pre-order the night before it becomes quite daunting. We booked an early seating for 6.00pm and was approved this however our sea-pass stated 8.00pm

Entertainment was very average, the comedian was boring and a lot of people left during his show.

Excursions were very much over priced we took the train ride, beautiful scenery

however lunch was disappointing. A salad & beef roll. Coffee /Wine.

Cost of this trip $200.00 pp.

The on board staff we did not think were very helpful or polite.

Cabin assistant was friendly & assisted with extra pillow when requested.

Ordered a coffee to be delivered to room via room service was told 1 hour waiting period. (cancelled request) walked down stairs to have to buy one.

later discovered that 2 mtrs away we got one for free.

The trip through the sounds was very cold but pleasant. The crew sold windcheaters on the deck for all those unprepared guests. However this would have been better done the day before. A few guests were wrapped in towels to keep warm.

However the final straw was when my husband came down with gastro/vomiting on the 9th day of our cruise. He got so ill from other complications that he spent the night in the on-board hospital. Although he did get very good treatment and we were disembarked at Tauranga to a waiting ambulance and transferred to hospital whereby he spent the next 12 days in Tauranga hospital( I was in a motel) before our flight home to Perth.

As we were leaving the ship I was handed a letter which was the report to give to the awaiting hospital, also was the bill for 1 night $5692.00Aus

Despite telling the doctor we would not be covered for insurance as what he had was pre-existing. ( Breathing complications) they didn't care.

The bill was like a service report for a motor vehicle. Every item itemised.

Royal Caribbean, have offered to pay for our flight home. I am still waiting for the refund.

So how did we enjoy our xmas....In a hospital room.

Would I cruise with Royal Caribbean again NO