Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Billy Bigelow

Carnival Glory
Member Name: Billy Bigelow
Cruise Date: January 2013
Dining 5+

Carnival Glory Exceeds Expectations !
We boarded ship quickly painlessly in Miami Jan.6. Headed up to mid ship pool had Burger's from Guys grill and ordered bucket of beers sun was shinning all was well,In my 46 year old ears opinion music could have been a little lower but understand the younger crowd party atmosphere they were going for. Girls had brought there bathing suits in there back packs (as per. previous cruise review suggestion)and enjoyed a dip in the pool. Approx. 230 pm. we made our way to our cabins all our Bonn Voyage purchases were there and the rooms were clean neat and bigger then expected TIP Bonn Voyage champagne ,2towels,tshirts,visors,flutes drink coupons and picture coupon good value for the $90.oo approx. (little disappointed beer and champagne was not iced down) but that would be the last disappointment with anything related to our rooms. Newman did an excellent job of keeping our rooms clean , always had a smile and called us by name almost immediately.

Carnival is on to something with there stress on having staff call us by name it does make you feel special. We met up with fiends on deck had a few cocktails then went to cabin to get ready for dinner.Our first dinner all I can say is wow food great service awesome. Our dinners in the dinning room were probably the highlight of our voyage and I believe were a big part of us all feeling we had received excellent value for our cruise dollar.TIP don't let the flat iron steak available on the everyday menu deceive you it is a thick lean succulent piece of beef but I must say my mate and I both felt the beef selections only got better as the week went by pinnacaling with the Chateaubriand. Tip as you will see there a "have you ever thought of trying" selection below the appetisers on the menu don't be afraid go for it! and if your into sushi (as we are) they will keep bringing it till you say STOP.Highly recommend the Ferrari Carano Fume Blanc one of the nicest white wines I have ever drank.Our young Ladies got right into getting dolled up and going to the dinning room every night

.we ate every dinner in the dinning room so I can not review the dinner buffet. Don't understand why anyone would want to go to buffet but to each his own .

First port Cozumel took cab to beach (sorry cant remember name will try to update )nice beach not bad snorkeling drink prices seemed fair.

Our 2nd port was supposed to be Costa Maya t but after two attempts the Captain gave up trying to land the wind was really kicking up and the swells were pretty high safety first what can you do . But I must say the last time I cruised approx. 12 years ago on a smaller ship called the Sunbird we had similar conditions crossing from Aruba to Barbados that put half the passengers out of commission. On Glory we hardly noticed a thing .

3rd port Roetan Honduras My friend Mark and I took the ship excursion two tank dive Although not spectacular the dive company was very professional and the equipment was good. The Island was very scenic and really enjoyed the half hour drive to the dive shop. MAJOR COMPLAINT!we were enjoying the sun near the water slide waiting for our ship to leave port when our Ship and Carnivals Sister ship the Triumph parked right next door decided to get into a who can play there music loader contest it was absolutely ridiculous it was like to teenagers a a traffic having a stereo Pissing contest only instead of 300 watts we were dealing with 300.000 watts ,I ran into our DJ later he said its the same every week I said surely they could do something after all they are from same cruise line he shrugged and walked away. Not so nice last memory of a beautiful island .

4th port Grand Cayman decided to take girls on Carnivals dolphin and sea turtle experience $100.00 each enjoyed excursion but did think we should have been told we were not allowed to bring cameras and CD. of pictures taken by them was $150.00 little disappointed.

We enjoyed the shows on the boat Divas , Motown , Latin nights all very entertaining.George Lopez comedy awesome !

TIP, we used room service every morning even if it was just for coffee or tea great way to start the day.

I truly believe we received great value for our vacation dollar so much so that we have book the trans Atlantic cruise this fall .

I wonder if anyone will "get" my member name Billy Bigelow

Im a barker for Carnival !

Publication Date: 01/23/13