Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by TravlGrl

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by TravlGrl
Celebrity Constellation
Celebrity Constellation
Member Name: TravlGrl
Cruise Date: January 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: C3
See More About: Celebrity Constellation Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Terrible service, beautiful ship
This was our 4th Celebrity sailing, and 20th sailing overall. It was a short 2-night sailing out of Miami, to Nassau and back. We experienced some of the poorest service among all of our cruising, but we found the ship to be a beautiful as her S-class sisters. Here are the highlights/lowlights:

Stateroom attendant (CC Class, cabin 9110) -- Miguel greeted us nicely after embarkation, but that's where the positive experience with him ended. He did not deliver the canapes that come with a CC cabin (even after we spoke face to face about it), no pillow menu, and the last night he removed our fruit bowl completely (that was to be our morning breakfast the morning of disembarkation, eaten on our balcony). We returned from dinner to see that he had removed our fruit, took the nice Celebrity silver pen, removed the blue binder with room service and other info, and left crumbs and condensation on our glass table. I addressed the lack of canapes and pillow menu with Guest Services (on evening #1) who was VERY NICE, apologized, and sent us a bottle of wine (I expected nothing extra -- and simply requested a pillow menu and canapes). When Miguel delivered the canapes on the second night, he lied and said our Do Not Disturb was on our door so he left the canapes in our room. No, he didn't.

Cabin 9110 -- This Concierge Cabin was quiet for the most part. We never heard people in the hallway, but did hear people partying up on the top pool deck a couple of times when our balcony door was open late at night. The balcony itself was covered with a very large overhang, so someone looking for sun will not get it here. Deck 8 might provide more of a view of the sky, but not a significant amount. We really enjoyed this balcony though, and would book it again, but it's being upgraded to an Aqua Class cabin starting May 2013. The nice thing about this location is that it's midship, about 5 cabins or so from the elevators and stairs, making a quick trip to the buffet an uber easy endeavor.

Bistro on Five -- While we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the crepes here, and have enjoyed them on Eclipse and Reflection, it was a 2-hour experience on Constellation. Unacceptable. I think we were forgotten. Not sure what happened. If I had never been to Bistro on Five before, I probably wouldn't go back.

MDR -- Our waiter and assistant seemed to have communication issues. They just couldn't figure out who ordered what (consistently), missed orders, forgot my beverage (then brought me the wrong thing and charged me for it and even acknowledged it wasn't what I ordered), delivered appetizers to our table of 8 at varying times, so we didn't feel like we were eating simultaneously, and on the last night completely misplaced one person's meal so he sat while the rest of us ate. Weird.

Photo Gallery -- Poor service when a rude customer jumped the line to ask a question (she could have waited to ask her question like the rest of us, but that's not Celebrity's fault), and then the Photo Gallery staff walked away with her right as he had started the transaction of our friends traveling with us. He made a poor situation worse by appeasing the rude customer and leaving us to stand there. It doesn't take training to figure out how to handle this. He simply lacked common sense.

Room Service -- Ordered it for breakfast yesterday morning, but somehow they managed to miss about half of our order. This seems to happen on every cruise line, not just Celebrity. Moving forward, we'll likely just skip our room service breakfasts completely and just grab food from the buffet on our own and bring it back to our balcony to enjoy. Bummer, but we must have bad breakfast karma for some reason.

The ice machine was broken the entire cruise, and one of the juice machines was just filled with syrup. When we brought this to the crew's attention, they just put an Out of Order sign up. That sign remained the entire time.

While there were many service issues, Celebrity is still my favorite cruise line, but I'm not jaded to think and tell people that they're all puppies and rainbows. They DO make mistakes, and for whatever reason, there were a lot of them this time around.

One reason I really enjoy Celebrity is that I don't think I ever walked past a member of the crew without someone saying, "Good morning, good afternoon," or some sort of greeting. We found the crew passing by to be very pleasant.

We DID see Michael Bayley touring the ship on embarkation day, walking slowly through the buffet with a few officers, asking questions, and hopefully addressing his concerns. So, I DO have hope that Connie will get better!

Publication Date: 01/25/13