Majesty of the Seas 2

txagcol1
Member Since 2011
64 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

We took the three night cruise from Miami. We were a party of 40 somethings. A married couple and two single guys.

- Embarkation was quick and easy. In this review category, Royal Carribbean was tops.

On Board ship
- the entertainment was mediocre at best. The theatre was small and there was never enough room.
- the Piano bar was lively. However, the piano player was both rascist and highly unprofessional. His name was Anthony and he was from Australia. He was constantly drunk and beligerant to the audience. In front of me (I am Asian), he made rascist characterizations of Asians. When I complained to the front desk, nothing was done at all. To me, this was highly foolish on the part of the cruise line as it now has alienated me from the cruise line and my perception of their lack of professionalism.
- the food was ok. Nothing spectacular. Unlike Carnival, the steak and lobster was extra. Also, everything was only cooked to More medium. If you wanted medium rare, that was impossible. The breakfast was gross. The one time I ate in the Windjammer cafe, I got food poisoning.
-constant nickel and diming for everything. The cruise line was more interested in pushing pictures than service.
- The cabins were tiny and were hard to move around. They are literally half the size of the cabins on Carnival, which is on the same itinerary. Go with Carnival on this itinerary.

Disembarkation

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Interior Stateroom

K5061
In one word, the cabins sucked. They were the smallest and most uncomfortable cabins I have ever been stuck with on a ship.

This was an okay stop. If you do go on this stop,make sure you get a cabana. It makes all of the distance. However, I found the place to be highly deceptive. They stated the excursion was till 5 pm. However, by 2:30, they started to take everything away and shutting things down. To me, that comes across as deceptive.
Read 565 CocoCay Reviews

Blue Lagoon Island Beach Day
Blue Lagoon does a good job of keeping you entertained and relaxed.

Published 01/26/13

Read Cruise Critic's Majesty of the Seas Review

Majesty of the Seas Cruises to the Bahamas

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?