Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by Richbeast

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by Richbeast
Carnival Imagination
Carnival Imagination
Member Name: Richbeast
Cruise Date: January 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 5A
Cabin Number: M43
See More About: Carnival Imagination Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Good, but...
This was my first cruise. And I have to say there were goods and bads for sure. Mind you I am a 30 year old male and am not overly picky. The views and day at Atlantis near Nassau were wonderful. The casino, the games, the music, the sun and the food on board were great.

However, our first night of departure was terrible. A storm cam in with giant swells. By dinner time bathrooms were full with peaple puking. I havent puked in 12 years, but this even got me. Some people who shared our dinner table who have been on many cruises said this was the worst they have seen a ship rock. Now, obviously weather can't be controlled, but it is worth noting as a first time cruiser, that I was terrified that this was what cruising was. I don't know to what degree captains can steady a ship or not, but this was a bad first night. After the third time getting sick at dinner we ducked out with a couple of other from our tables to go to bed by 9 p.m.

The next day we were in Nassau. We had docked hours earlier than scheduled, which leads me to beleive captain went way faster than neccisary to get us into port and out of the storm. The day in Nassau was wonderful.

There was one other point of concern for me aboard. Entertainment. Fyi, I am a Christian and actually a Youth Pastor. I however, was not looking for "wholesome entertianment" I went to have fun, try black jack for the first time, meet new people, and enjoy the views. I chose to go to adult comedy night etc. I laughed and had fun. But it was the other "non adult" things I had a problem with. It seemed like every event we went to from bingo, to dating games, to dance parties etc. All had staff leading with very strong sexual enuendos along with jokes of getting plastered etc etc. I know people are there to have fun, but it just seemed like a place I would def. not want my children around, and honestly Im not really uptight as a Christian in that regard.

The final day at sea was nice. But with only two days on open water and one of them terrible, I had a 50/50 on wheather cruising is for me or not. I am thinking about giving it another try, but don't think the carnival imagination is what I would do again. Any other short carribean cruise lines out there you would recomend to me? Please let me know. P.S. Im not looking for some holy Christian cruise. Just one with simular fun with a little more class, and hopefully less waves.

Publication Date: 01/26/13