Disney Magic Cruise Review by partyofsixcruisers

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Disney Magic Cruise Review by partyofsixcruisers
Disney Magic
Disney Magic
Member Name: partyofsixcruisers
Cruise Date: January 2013
Embarkation: Galveston
See More About: Disney Magic Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Disney Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+
        3-6 5.0
        7-9 5.0
        10-12 5.0

Ship Facts: Disney Magic Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Disney Magic Deck Plans
Disney Magic exceeded our expectations and then some!
This was our first Disney cruise experience and we enjoyed every aspect of the cruise. We took advantage of the kids sail free since Disney cruises are usually expensive and we have a large family. The cruise ship itself is older and needs some updates, however, the boat is very clean. The crew really tries to accommodate everyone needs. Overall, I would rate the food quality very high! I have cruised several ships including RC and Disney did a great job. They definitely focused on quality rather than quantity. The buffet is only open for a limited time during the day, which I liked so it was not sitting out all day. There a lots of choices for kids and adults including fresh fruit! My children enjoyed the dining room dinner which often included a small dinner show and a character.

The evening productions were very Disney quality style shows and will not disappoint. The smaller shows included a ventriloquist, magician and a juggler that were very entertaining and kid friendly. We enjoyed both ports of call and getting off and on the ship fast and easy. I would recommended Stingray city for Grand Cayman as a port adventure.

There were a lot of kids on the cruise but the ship had many activities throughout the day so there was always something to do. We only took advantage of the kids club one day for a few hours but my kids loved it and would have stayed longer if time allowed.

I would definitely sail the ship again with my family!

Publication Date: 01/25/13