MSC Poesia Cruise Review by cccml

MSC Poesia
MSC Poesia
Member Name: cccml
Cruise Date: January 2013
See More About: MSC Poesia Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Ship Facts: MSC Poesia Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Poesia Deck Plans
Pleasantly surprised
I first want to say to everyone that has given MSC low reviews on the Caribbean itinerary, THE BAD REVIEWS ARE COMPLEETLY UNDFOUNDED! No I do not work for the cruise line and I am getting nothing out of this. If not for some people in our group having already booked with MSC, I would have passed them by due to the ratings here on CC. Boy would I have been wrong.

Let me say that the line is very Italian and I like that. I have been to Italy and enjoy the food, customs and lifestyle. If you are looking for someone to follow you around, kissing you on the rump every second, you may not be happy, but then I doubt you ever will be. Some of the menu items were not for me, so what. I found the same on Celebrity and Carnival. Is the service hand and foot like Celebrity? not quite but close and the price is a great deal better.

The overall prices on board for extras (drinks, wine ect) were not bad and no more than other places. The in room mini bar prices were less than the regular bar! Who has ever seen that? The room service was free before 10 or 11pm but with a limited menu (after hours, a $3.95 charge was tacked on). The tv channels were international albeit 2 or 3 English ones. The crew members were accommodating, engaging and efficient. One evening we got a late start getting ready for formal night and my wife and I left stuff lying everywhere. Upon our return, we found our things hung up and put away. I was embarrassed that the cabin steward had to deal with our mess (and he never did again). I gave him a little extra for his trouble.

To sum up, this ship (as with Celebrity) had a feeling of refinement or just that European style that speaks "One should dress proper for dinner" and a proper multi hour, multi course Italian dinner it was! I found more brass, glass and wood instead of neon and Vegas declasse. Please give MSC a try, you will not be sorry.

Publication Date: 01/25/13