Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by junevk: Brilliance of the Seas to Caribbean
Overall Member Rating
Brilliance of the Seas to Caribbean
Destination: Western Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan
We went on the Jan. 12-19 Western Caribbean cruise on the Brilliance of the Seas. The ship is an older one, in need of some upgrading (which we heard is going to happen)but overall in fairly good condition.
1) EMBARKATION: The embarkation was flawless. We arrived at the port about 1:00 and didn't wait in any lines. It was great.
2)CABIN: Our cabin was like other RCI ships we had been on but our bathroom had an unsanitary smell when we arrived. After the cabin steward cleaned it, the smell was gone. I always take antibacterial wipes and cleaned the remote control, door knobs and flushing button on the toilet.
Our cabin steward did a nice job but both times we talked to him, he talked about RCI trying to cut costs, etc. etc. I didn't think that was very professional.
3) RIDE: There was quite a bit of ship movement due to wind conditions, but we enjoyed being "rocked to sleep" each night.
4) FOOD: The food was excellent and provided lots of More variety.
5) FOOD SERVICE: Our waiter was excellent (though we've had better). We were assigned a table that had only one empty chair so after 10 minutes of standing around, we were assigned a new table. Our table mates couldn't have been better.
6) EXCURSIONS: We visited Tortola, St.Martin, St. Kitts, Barbados and Guadeloupe and took ship sponsored excursions at each stop except St. Martin. We highly recommend the 4x4 green monkey adventure on Barbados and it was terrific. On Guadeloupe, we took the botanical garden tour which was beautiful; however, the guide was so soft spoken, no one could hear her past the first two rows of the bus. Did a beach tour at Tortola and the rail/sail on St. Kitts. The rail/sail tour was great.
7) ENTERTAINMENT: The shows on this ship were the worst we've ever seen on any of our 16 cruises. There was only one "production" show and the rest were comedians and some Temptation wannabes. Only one comedian was remotely funny and the rest - we rated a 1 on a scale of 1-5 with 5 being highest.
8) STAFF: Staff was very good but the cruise director (Paul) and his little translator got really "old" at each show. Paul wasn't funny and was rather annoying.
9) All in all, we had a good time at our dinner table and on our excursions. Less
Read more Brilliance of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Brilliance of the Seas Review >>
Cabin review: E17536 Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony
We had a bump-out room on Deck 7 which gave us more deck room. The bathroom smelled the first day or so but after being cleaned several times, it was better.Read All Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony (E1) Reviews >>
Port and Shore Excursions
Jeep 4X4 Adventure
Worse Cruise Ever
Not impressed; won't cruise on...
Carnival Breeze trivia games a...
Vacation of a Lifetime
Lacked the wow factor.
A huge disappointment.
Mediterranean on the Brillianc...