Sis and I traveled w/o our men this trip. We took separate, balcony adjoining rooms, 8416 & 8420 (aft, further back). It was a 6 nite cruise from Port of Miami to Grand Turk & Jamaica w/3 days at sea. Now I know the secret to a relaxing cruise, no more than 2 ports of call!
The Positives of this cruise.
1. Most comfortable mattress, bedding and pillows.
2. Clean ship everywhere.
3. Captain made only 2 announcements over the PA - one was for a staff drill. The other for
disembarkation instructions. I can't even remember any other announcements, if there were more. It was a pleasure NOT being interrupted w/loud PA messages!
4. NO ONE pushed to take our pictures like on previous cruises. That's a plus!
5. We had OPEN seating for dinner - it's called "YOUR TIME DINING". It was in the dining room
and we sat at a different table each night which made it fun to meet people.
6. There were enough lounge chairs around both pools.
7. They put into effect the 45 min rule: can't reserve a chair w/towel longer than 45 min.
8. FOOD was more beautifully presented than I remember in past cruises.
9. FOOD was delicious and I'm critical as a 24 year veteran caterer.
10. That annoying Caribbean music you always hear around the main pool was gone! YAY!
Instead, the huge movie screen at this pool played concert movies by top world reknown
11. Our cabin stewart was excellent.
12. Service overall was very good. They try very hard to please everyone.
13. The adult comedy clubs were the best.
1. The current trend of entertainment in the Show Theater is not like it used to be...not as professional, but still entertaining. Today, more lasers and electronic/digital video is used on the big screen instead of stage design.
That's the only negative I have to say. We really enjoyed this relaxing cruise!