Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by Jess81

Carnival Breeze
Member Name: Jess81
Cruise Date: January 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

First with Carnival and probably the last
We went on this cruise with my husbands family who are die hard Carnival fans. We have cruised with Royal Caribbean 4 times, but decided to try Carnival with his family and thought the Breeze would be perfect since it's their newest ship.

I'll start with the pluses. Embarkation was a smooth and easy process. We were onboard and eating lunch by noon after arriving at the port around 11:30. My niece and nephew loved the water park and spent lots of time going on the water slides. Guy's burgers were very good and we ate lunch there several times. We were always able to find chairs at the pool area. Our room was nice and we enjoyed the cove balcony. Grand Turk was a nice port of call for a beach day.

Now the negatives, which is a much longer list. The entertainment was horrible. I'm used to Royal's broadway type shows and the entertainment on the Breeze was almost laughable. We went to the welcome show which for the first half hour was the cruise director Butch, then a half hour preview of Latin Nights, which was just singing and dancing, one song after the other. I had no interest in seeing the hour long performance, especially after seeing a half hour preview. We wanted to see the Brits, but the showing we went to was canceled due to an illness. People get sick, I understand that. So we went to the rescheduled show, and about halfway through there was a technical difficulty. After waiting for about five minutes we decided to leave and go to dinner. Speaking of dinner, the service on the ship was completely inadequate. The staff did not seem to care about you at all. They did not ask you questions about your day or even recommend dishes. They were there to do their job and no more. Several nights we had to wait quite awhile for drink refills. I had dirty silverware that needed to be replaced. The food was ok, nothing to rave about. My husband has a nut allergy and before ordering dessert asks if there are nuts in it, to which the waiter always looked at him like he was crazy and would have to go check. Many of the desserts did have nuts, which weren't listed on the menu. One night my husband asked for ice cream and fresh berries for dessert, which he does regularly on Royal. They told him berry requests had to be done 24 hours ahead of time. We ate at the buffet for breakfast. The eggs were really gross, everything else was ok. There is no adult pool. Serenity is the adult area. It has a hot tub but no pool, and is located right next to the kids waterpark.

Two small pools for a ship that holds so many people and neither were adult only. We made it to the comedy show after two attempts. The first try we waited in a huge line that wrapped down the stairways, blocked the elevators and went down the hallway. When the finally let us in there were no seats available. People were saving seats everywhere. When I told a worker that I had been waiting in a long line and wanted a seat that people were saving they did nothing. I wasn't willing to stand, so we left. Went back two nights later and got a better spot in line and found a seat. After the first comedian they cleared everyone out and I had to stand in yet another line to see the second one. The gym was very small and hot. The ship itself seemed dark and closed in to me, not like the large open promenades I enjoy with Royal.

To sum things up the service was bad, entertainment was horrible, things were unorganized and I would not recommend the Breeze.

Publication Date: 01/24/13