Viking Odin Cruise Review by Trip Traveler

Member Name: Trip Traveler
Cruise Date: December 2012
Embarkation: Budapest
Destination: Europe River
See More About: Viking Odin Cruise Reviews | Europe River Cruise Reviews | Viking River Cruise Deals
Member Rating   Not Rated
Dining Not Rated
Public Rooms Not Rated
Cabins Not Rated
Entertainment Not Rated
Embarkation Not Rated
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Ship Facts: Viking Odin Review (by Cruise Critic!)
Recent Viking Odin experience
Well let me first say the crew on the boat was wonderful, no hesitation there, friendly, helpful and an absolute joy. Now on to viking. We got started on the wrong foot when the river was to high for the boat to get down river and pick us up. Not much viking can do about that. But they could have done something about the bus trip, things we missed such as stops along the way, and hotels we got stuck in.

We were told that we would all receive a refund of 25% of what we paid plus a credit for 50% off another cruise from what we paid. That seemed fair at the outset. What followed was hardly worth it. We went from hotel to hotel, which is a pain but again, not exactly Vikings fault. The places we stayed at were however Vikings choice. Spending new years eve at the airport, with food that would gag a goat was not my idea of a pleasant cruise. While we could hear the huge fireworks display at midnight we were not part of the celebration. Having gone thru the Hogmanay in Edinburgh decided not to head out but would have enjoyed being up on the upper deck watching, which of course did not happen. Not only that, the upper deck was never even opened for reasons never really explained. The basic 90 minutes we spent walking around in Vienna was a little short to see the city and guess I will have to go back another time.

But the real kicker was in seeing how, after a disappointing trip viking lived up to its word. I did receive a check in the mail. It was for about 12% of what I paid, not the 25% as promised and never did get the voucher as promised. As far as I am concerned, if this is how a company stands behind their word, I will look elsewhere to spend my money next time. Fortunately, there are plenty of lines out there, that want my money, and don't lie and cheat people after they give their word. Again, my frustration is not with the crew, or the boat, it is with the company, based in southern California, which might say something right there.

Publication Date: 01/24/13