“Just got home---”

beerbucket
Member Since 2009
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Spent 7 nights on the Carnival Conquest out of New Orleans. It was not my first Carnival Cruise. Conquest was a nice ship, but also not my favorite Carnival ship. I have a soft spot for the Holiday (retired) but I liked the Carnival Triumph (also taken out of New Orleans in 2011) better than the Conquest. The embarkation and debarkation from Port of New Orleans is terrific. No problems there! No problems with the Conquest either...not really. We found some really friendly cruise employees--and we found those who were not so friendly. Our cabin steward (all cabin stewards on Carnival are great) was very friendly. Edward, bartender at the Sun Pool bar, was VERY friendly. We bought into the "CHEERS" program (which on the website makes it sound like drinks are unlimited but they are NOT---they are limited to 15 per day--sounds like a lot but they WILL cut you off after 15!) Overall, we did OK with the program, though I would normally drink beer but in the program drank a lot of Grey Goose vodka and other higher-end drinks.. The worst part was that soft drinks were purported to be unlimited with the Cheers program but a casino bartender acted like he was doing me a favor when, after hitting 15, I asked for a Diet Coke. I got it but he acted like I should know better. The aforementioned Edward told me that casino bartender-guy was wrong. I heard someone else grumble about the casino bartenders not wanting to give him a Diet Coke after he hit his 15. Our cabin (8418) was in close proximity to the Lido Deck...but we heard the "bing bing bing" of the elevator all the time while trying to sleep. Not to blame Carnival, but other cruisers are NOT mindful of the "Snoozing" sign on our door and seemed to congregate outside it, talking loudly. I wanted to go outside and ask where their room was so I could stand outside it, talking loudly, while they were trying to sleep! Guy's Hamburgers are very delicious as are the burritos from the Blue Iguana Cantina. The deli sandwiches we had were also very good. Our time in Jamaica was fun as was our time in Grand Cayman. The trip from Grand Cayman to Cozumel was very choppy and several shore excursions were cancelled (we had none planned) due to the conditions. Again, certainly not Carnival's fault. Overall, a GREAT trip and MUCH MUCH better than home and work.
Carnival Conquest Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

8418
8418--room size was good--love the balcony.. BUT the room was NOT quiet. Very near the elevator "bing bing bing" and across the hall from the stewards closet? Lots of early vacuuming, doors slamming, etc...not my most restful cruise for sure!
Published 01/24/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Conquest Review
Carnival Conquest Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?