“We had a great time!”
Cruise review of Sapphire Princess

Sharonlee912 Sapphire Princess 5 We had a great time!
Sharonlee912
Member Since 2004
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Hi! I hadn't seen a review on the Mexican Riviera so thought I might tell you how our time was this past week! We flew into Long Beach and took a taxi to the ship ($50.) Check in was fast and we waited comfortably in a large area and boarded at noon. Of course we checked out our cabin, Front, Baja Deck 10 - C127 and went to the buffet! We were quite surprised to find our luggage when we got back! We thought the food and service was great. It was very cold the first two days and people layed out by the pool covered in red blankets. (Bring jackets or windbreakers!) The pizza, hamburgers, etc. poolside were delicious. We thought the breakfast buffet and especially the service was the best we have received. The ship was beautiful, clean and the crew was beyond attentive. We liked the shows and comedian. We chose anytime dining so we could eat alone together whenever we wanted. We tried all the dining rooms and really liked them all. Our first stop was Puerto Vallarta where we boarded a catamaran and went to two beaches with small fishing villages. It's an excursion through the ship. We had a blast and saw so many whales on the way he turned it into whale watching also! We enjoyed the beach, the sun, and of course some coronas and limes. Cabo was a blast. We've been all over Mexico but never there. We took the Zodiac tour, ship excursion also. The Captain was wonderful, explaining all the rock formations, showing us the seals, and finding whales for us. We got great pics of the rocks and the window from the Sea of Cortez through to the Pacific. My whale shots were not good so I switched to video and really got some good breaches and tails. I can never see enough whales, dolphins and sea turtles. We walked around the marina, ate fish tacos, and people watched. It was a really relaxing, fun time. Ensenada. The mothers with babies draped over their shoulders begging and the little 2 year olds begging tore at my heart. It was more prevalent than most places we'd been. We walked the town, bought an ironwood sea turtle and trinkets from the ladies, ate some guacamole and chips and went back to the ship. We took the $2.00 bus/$1.00 back and had no problems.All in all, we had a great time and met some really nice people. I would Google the weather and make sure you take layers if it is still winter. I stayed in Capris, flip flops, sandals and was comfortable. There were two formal nights and we enjoyed them very much. We watched a cooking demonstration and then toured the kitchen, a Showtime demonstration and toured backstage, saw an ice carving demonstration, etc. I would say it was an older crowd, few children and a good mix of people. Princess is now my favorite cruise line!
Sapphire Princess Cruises to the Mexican Riviera
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

BAC127
We were at the front of the ship and brely felt a thing. The coffee and food is at the back of the ship but we did not mind the walk.
Published 01/24/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Sapphire Princess Review
Sapphire Princess Cruises to the Mexican Riviera
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?