Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by oc323

Cruise Date: January 2013
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: E1
See More About: Serenade of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Serenade of the Seas Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Serenade of the Seas Deck Plans
Nothing to sing about for the Serenade
The best part of the cruise was the ports and the people we met in this adventure. As for the ship is is a bit tired and warm. Although there were some updates to her in December may more are warranted.

Check-in-We arrived at about 1:45 and it took 1 hour until we were on the ship and in the room. Our luggage made it to the room by 4 which was a relief.

Windjammer-very lack luster foods provided even on embarking the first day...Should have been my warning. The meat at the carving station was very dry and over cooked.

Snack and Salad bar- This is located by the indoor pool and perhaps the best find on the ship. Create your own salad have it tossed and add a variety of meats or cheese. Then move over for a wrap or sandwich to go along with it.

Centrum-now used for the aerial show. AS this is their first time I will refraime from comments until it is perfected.

The nightly shows are about the worst I have seen on any ship. Abba was so poor that many people walked out included my group. I gave the Rat Pack a try but it also was a disaster. I am usually not so critical....The only show I stayed for was the welcome show on the first night. Your not missing anything the other nights.

Activity or lack of was obvious.....Trivia was the only game played at least twice or more daily.

MDR-At first we took early seating and had a table for 10. I could not hear anyone at this table which was wedged behind the server stand and a pole. Then changed to MTD and sat a table for 8 to share. However we were placed there when others were either in mid meal or nobody else showed up...Complained but it did not go. I also do not enjoy being asked to placed the service as excellent on my evaluation nightly especially when it was fair at best. The food is fair nothing to rave about. Charring $10.00 for a bottle of water in the dining room is so out of line. Alcohol packages were $$$$$. The bring aboard policy of taking on Alcohol varied daily as we came back from the ports.

The purser's desk was the only place where service was of quality. They were helpful and always polite.

Internet-always slow and down much of the time.

Overall ship was clean not spotless-Smallest cabins I have ever been on. Balcony was tiny as well.

Would I return again again....Probably not

Publication Date: 01/23/13
More Serenade of the Seas Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Serenade of the Seas review Read the next Serenade of the Seas review

More Serenade of the Seas Reviews