Carnival Legend Cruise Review by faycruise

Cabin Category: 8F
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Western Caribbean on the Carnival Legend
Well I purposely waited a while to write this so I could really think about our experience on this cruise. I had read many a review before and after this cruise about Carnival and specifically the Legend. I am going to break this down to the following;

Ship, Cabin, Staff, Food, Comfort, Value.

The Legend: We found the Legend to be a fun ship, as much fun as you made it be. You could relax in a pretty good Serenity area or take in as much hoopla as you liked on the main Lido area. I thought the ship was in good shape, of course there are going to be unsightly rust spots here and there, maybe some areas that didn't see cleaning as much as they should but this ship is turned around after each cruise in less than 10 hours to face another 2500+ passengers! With that in mind I found it a pleasure.

Our Cabin-7166: Absolutely no complaints, clean, comfortable and more than enough room. Our first balcony and won't go back to anything else!!

Staff: 99% of those we interacted with were pleasant, seemed like they wanted to help you have a good time and meant it! Our Steward and his team worked hard to keep our room up (we aren't very messy) and he was always around when needed. the only issue I have is that on one particular night the Captain and some of the officers were at the Casino bar, I thought I might just stop up to him and say Hello. Before I could even get within 5 feet of him a female officer asked what I wanted and where I was going, she stated this was a "private" area, I apologized and moved away, a moment later the Captain and his Officers walked past me with the Captain giving me the once over. My observation of this is if he doesn't want to be approached than STAY IN HIS CABIN!!!

Food: I have read a bunch about the lack of quality in the main dinning area as well as the buffets. REALLY....these complainers really could not find anything suitable to eat!! Who doe's their cooking for them at home....Emeril..or Bobbie Flay!! I don't see anywhere in a Carnival ad that claims they have 5 star restaurants but I must admit the food I ATE was pretty good considering they are cooking it for an amount of people they are unsure of dining...to the tune of a couple thousand. And for the buffet...I will not believe that anybody can't find something edible!!

Comfort: As I said it was comfortable for us, perhaps some of these Carnival naysayers should pick a five star hotel on an island and pay a five star price to boot!!

Value: One could argue that you get what you pay for, well I got what we paid for, an enjoyable time on a wonderful ship with excellent staff and very tasty food! Thanks Carnival and see you on the Dream in December 2013

Publication Date: 01/23/13