Disney Magic Cruise Review by christians1215

Disney Magic
Disney Magic
Member Name: christians1215
Cruise Date: June 2012
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Disney Magic Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Disney Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

Ship Facts: Disney Magic Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Disney Magic Deck Plans
Disney Magic Review
I am a thirteen years old, and I have been a HUGE Disney fan ever since I was a little kid. I have also been to Walt Disney World ten times, and Disneyland once. Before my first Disney Cruise on the Disney Magic, I cruised on the Norwegian Gem and the Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas. I have to say, I enjoyed the Disney Magic much more than the other two ships. I went on the cruise with my family and my best friends, and we all had a blast!

Appearance:

From the lobby to the top floor, the ship looked amazing! Starting with the lobby, it was absolutely incredible! The statue of Mickey Mouse looked spectacular, along with one of the main dining rooms, Lumiere's. Plus, the Promenade Lounge was beautiful, also the perfect place to hold many of the fun activities. On the fourth floor, one of the best place was another one of the main dining rooms, Animators Palate. I loved how the animations lit up when we got our meals.

Service:

First off, our maid service in our room was extraordinary. Every night when we arrived at our room, all of the beds were made, and our towels were folded into cool designs. Our waitstaff, Neno, Rachel, and Subash, were marvelous, too! Being that some of us have severe food allergies to nuts and shellfish, they had asked us what we wanted for our meals the day before hand, to avoid cross contamination with the foods we are allergic to. Every morning, before our breakfast, they would provide us with some of our favorite pastries. Not only that, but they were very kind and polite to us, and they memorized all of our names by the first day!

Dining:

The food on the ship was great! They had good meals in the main dining rooms every night. Although, when we sat by the pools, I really enjoyed eating the delicious pizza from Pinocchio's Pizzeria. The only place we did not enjoy very much is Topsider's Buffet. We went there on the day we arrived on the ship. We had to ask if any of the food contained nuts or shellfish. We had to wait for ten minutes just to hear that we couldn't eat anything. We ended up not going to Topsider's Buffet for the rest of the trip.

Entertainment:

The shows on the ship were incredible! We saw each show each night, and they were all stupendous! Also, the activities on the ship were lots of fun! My favorite activities were Disney Trivia and Karaoke. Our whole group had a blast during the Karaoke, along with the crew member who ran it, Frankie.

Cabins:

Our cabins were the perfect size, our family of four fit perfectly in our Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Verandah. We had cabinet drawers where our clothes fit perfectly and we could easily stow our luggage bags under the bed until the end of the cruise. We also hardly ever felt the ship rock during the day and night.

Overall:

Going on the Disney Magic was one of the best vacations I have ever taken, and my family and best friends agree. Which is why we booked another cruise on the Disney Fantasy this summer!

Publication Date: 01/23/13