Thomson Celebration Cruise Review by beemerrotherham

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Thomson Celebration Cruise Review by beemerrotherham
Thomson Celebration
Thomson Celebration
Member Name: beemerrotherham
Cruise Date: January 2013
Embarkation: other
Destination: Middle East
See More About: Thomson Celebration Cruise Reviews | Middle East Cruise Reviews | Thomson Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Thomson Celebration Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Thomson Celebration Deck Plans
VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED
I just need to state that this is the third time on this ship but it will be our last.

We travelled from East Midlands to Sharm el Sheikh airport which all went fine apart from the fact that the aircon wasn't working. An hour and a half later we took off with a 5 hour flight in front of us and no in flight entertainment.

I have previously wrote two other reviews on this ship so I wont go in to detail. I just wanted to say how much we feel this ship has "gone down hill". The last time we was on this ship was september.

The staff are still the same. Very helpful, polite and basically go out of their way for you.

The entertainment crew were rubbish compared to previous cruises. The ones in September were amazing.

We did not take any trips as we just wanted pure relaxation,the weather and quality food.

The weather was not very good (they had blankets out in the afternoons) but we didn't see any rain so it wasn't all bad.

The cleanliness of the ship and the food this time was very poor this time. The food was luke warm a lot of the time and the selection wasn't like it has been on previous times on here.The Toilets were not tended to (more so in the evening). EG. No hand sanitiser no tiolet roll and on one occasion excrement on the toilet seat.

Norovirus and gastroenteritis was rife. On the last night of our holiday my husband took ill. I have never experienced anything like it in my life. His body shut down because he was severly dehydrated. He ended up in intensive care on the ship and when we docked he was taken to an Egyptian hospital.

Luckily our flight wasn't until 8 oclock that night and with all the medical help he was given he was allowed to fly.

The amount of people ill on baord the ship must have been great because 2 days before we were due to fly home everyone was told they must vacate their cabins by 8am and a coach would pick them up and take them to a hotel where they would stay until their flight home so the ship could be sanitised. I was later told by a Thomson rep there was 250 passengers ill and they were the ones that we knew about (that had reported it).

We also found out that the ship was flying the yellow flag when it docked back at Shalm el sheik port. Apparantly this means ship contaminated and is a warning to the port who have rights not to let the ship dock if they want to.

The cabin was an inside cabin which was ok for the price we paid. The people next door to us were very inconsiderate and we had the privelage of listening to plenty of conversations!!. I spoke to reception after the first 2 nights and just asked them to have a word. I did say that if they haven't done a cruise before they probably aren't aware of how thin the walls are, but nothing improved. After me knocking on the wall one morning at 630am and them knocking back I gave up!.

As I have said above we have done 4 previous cruises to this one and have never once wrote a bad review. I am sorry that it all sounds so negative but I would be lying if I wrote otherwise.

Publication Date: 01/23/13
More Thomson Celebration Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Thomson Celebration review Read the next Thomson Celebration review

More Middle East Cruise Reviews