“Great ports -- not so great ship.”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas

Catlade Adventure of the Seas 3 Great ports -- not so great ship.
Catlade
Member Since 2007
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
This was my 9th cruise overall and 5th with Royal Caribbean . Sadly it will probably be my last. Embarkation -- We used RCCL's new Choice Air program and arrived in San Juan at 5:45 pm. We were met and after waiting for our luggage got to the ship around 6:30 pm. We walked up to the counter and were on the ship in 5 minutes -- the wonderful part was we didn't have to participate in the "muster drill" Cabin 8660 Very disappointed in the cabin, very small, tiny balcony, and incredibly small bathroom (even for a ship). The furniture and bedding were worn, tears in the carpet, paint peeling off in the bathroom. The photo shown for this class cabin had a sofa but we only had one very uncomfortable chair. TV had horrible reception but was replaced the second day. I would like to make people (especially those who love their laptops, iPads, Kindles, etc)aware that there is no wifi in any cabin on this ship. There are 4 spots on the ship that wifi is available for 65 cents a minute. We purchased a package for 100 minutes for $55.00 and at least half of the minutes were used in just trying to connect to sites. Complete and total rip off ! Dining We did not eat in the Dining room on this cruise. The food at the Windjammer was fairly good but often not hot enough. The best thing about the food was the desserts. We ate at Portofinos on our last night and all I can say is save your money. Service was fantastic but nothing special about the food and very small portions.Had the feeling of being nickeled and dimed to death the entire cruise. Tea, regular coffee, and lemonade were free -- everything else (Starbucks, Ben and Jerrys, soft drinks, bottled water,) were expensive. Ports- Aruba and Curacao were beautiful, St. Thomas really crappy unless you go to a beach. Entertainment- Ice show was very good. The Tribute to the Temptations was excellent, the rest of the shows mediocre at best. Debarkation - very easy because we took a tour that dropped us and our luggage off at the airport. I probably won't cruise again for a while and when I do it will be with another cruise line.
Adventure of the Seas Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

Cave Tour
Horrible tour, I had to leave before it was finished. See my review on Trip Advisor.
Distillery Tour
Did not actually see any liquor being made -- just pictures. Mostly trying to sell you their products.
Magic Ice
Interesting experience but not much to see once you get inside. Need more ice sculptures.
Published 01/22/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Adventure of the Seas Review
Adventure of the Seas Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?