Celebrity Century Cruise Review by 4eyedoc

Cruise Date: January 2013
Embarkation: San Diego
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
Cabin Category: S1
See More About: Celebrity Century Cruise Reviews | Panama Canal & Central America Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

How much was I disappointed?
I was very disappointed with this cruise. We were on the "Century going from Auckland to Sydney arriving in Sydney on December 24th 2011. It was a wonderful cruise then. After we were on the ship for a few hours, I noticed that there were many changes NOT for the better on board. we were in a suite on the 12Th deck and the cabin was really nice. our Butler, Walter was also just perfect. Our cabin attendant Rodrigo was outstanding also. As soon as we arrived in our cabin, there was a note on the bed that one of our tours was immediately cancelled. That was NOT the one that we were really looking forward to. We did book a lot of ship controlled tours. Just before we left for the cruise , we went out and purchased over $100.00 worth of school supplies for the Humanitarian tour. That was also cancelled. I thought that made me feel like we were there under false pretenses because if we were not going on those tours, the trip was useless. I talked to the people in charge and they did nothing except telling me they were sorry.

I spent all that money to do something that was not being afforded to me.

The first night on the ship we went to the show and was aware that the chairs that I loved on the previous cruise were not there. They were on the top row and they were "bucket seats" No one knew where they disappeared to.

As far as the dining was concerned, you could NOT eat any meat that was broiled because it was so bad. I talked to the powers that be and was called by the manager of the food department. He apologized and told me to let him know if it didn't improve. I just didn't trust the kitchen anymore. We tried Not eating anything broiled. By eating "other" items on the menu, it got better a little. At that time the ship was hit by the Norovirus and there were a lot of people running to the bathrooms. The crew really took care of that problem . I really felt sorry for the entire crew at that time and for the rest of the trip.

The Manager asked me if he could do anything to make me feel better about the ship. I asked him for a special dessert , a chocolate soufflee . It arrived and was so bad that the bottom was stuck to the dish.

I do not want to go any further except to let them know that I was going to write this review here and would NEVER use Celebrity again especially the Century.

I have said my piece and am not going to go any further. I am sure that other members of CC will find this wrong. So be it.

Publication Date: 01/23/13