Disney Magic Cruise Review by WooPigCruiser

Member Name: WooPigCruiser
Cruise Date: January 2013
Embarkation: Galveston
Cabin Category: 7A
See More About: Disney Magic Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Disney Cruise Deals
Entertainment 5+
        3-6 5+

Ship Facts: Disney Magic Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Disney Magic Deck Plans
Very nice family cruise
First, let me say that I LOVED my Disney Cruise and would go back again without hesitation. Having said that, here are some things I wish I had known.

I did not enjoy leaving from Galveston in January. Too little to do, no shopping (and I needed some things like sandals that aren't readily available in my area in January) and too cool. Our cruise was extremely late due to the port being fogged in. Our hotel handled it well but this is apparently a rare occurrence, so no one is ever 100% ready.

There were only 2 ports of call on this trip, which left a lot of sea days. That was fine but the weather in the open gulf was unseasonably cold and we could not enjoy the pool at all. The weather at Grand Cayman was perfect and Cozumel was a touch too hot. This itinerary really needed one more port of call. I loved Grand Cayman and can't wait to return. I would love to spend more time there. I enjoyed Cozumel but my husband did not. There was a nice mall right off the pier but most of the vendors were cash-only. So were the taxis and the tour we found. We were surprised by this and were further warned tat ATM fees were astronomical. We did a lot less shopping at Cozumel than we planned because of this inconvenience.

The staff and food were awesome. The shows were top notch. I enjoyed watching movies and thought the crowds were much better movie crowds than theaters at home.

The bathroom style in he stateroom was nice. The hair dryer was a wired little thing like a vacuum cleaner and it was very little power and no adjustments.

The ship provided on board phones for calls and text messages. They are very old school, so I had to relearn how to text with just a keypad. Still, they gave us a lot of flexibility.

Publication Date: 01/22/13