Disney Magic Cruise Review by WooPigCruiser: Very nice family cruise

Compare Prices on Disney Magic Western Caribbean Cruises

Very nice family cruise

Sail Date: January 2013
Embarkation: Galveston

First, let me say that I LOVED my Disney Cruise and would go back again without hesitation. Having said that, here are some things I wish I had known.

I did not enjoy leaving from Galveston in January. Too little to do, no shopping (and I needed some things like sandals that aren't readily available in my area in January) and too cool. Our cruise was extremely late due to the port being fogged in. Our hotel handled it well but this is apparently a rare occurrence, so no one is ever 100% ready.

There were only 2 ports of call on this trip, which left a lot of sea days. That was fine but the weather in the open gulf was unseasonably cold and we could not enjoy the pool at all. The weather at Grand Cayman was perfect and Cozumel was a touch too hot. This itinerary really needed one more port of call. I loved Grand Cayman and can't wait to return. I would love to spend more time there. I enjoyed Cozumel but my husband did not. There was a nice mall right off the More pier but most of the vendors were cash-only. So were the taxis and the tour we found. We were surprised by this and were further warned tat ATM fees were astronomical. We did a lot less shopping at Cozumel than we planned because of this inconvenience.

The staff and food were awesome. The shows were top notch. I enjoyed watching movies and thought the crowds were much better movie crowds than theaters at home.

The bathroom style in he stateroom was nice. The hair dryer was a wired little thing like a vacuum cleaner and it was very little power and no adjustments.

The ship provided on board phones for calls and text messages. They are very old school, so I had to relearn how to text with just a keypad. Still, they gave us a lot of flexibility. Less

Read more Disney Magic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Magic Review >>

Cabin review: Disney Magic Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah Deck Five 7634

Cabin 7634 had exceptional storage space. We could see great sunsets from our ship. We were only steps away from a little known deck on 7 Aft. Very nice.

Parasailing

(5)
Excellent experience, but these excursions were all cash only.

Beach Break

(5)
We loved The Turtle Farm and 7 Mile Beach. Our tour Guide was very difficult to understand on the Island tour the sound equipment in the boat was bad. We also booked a taxi to a beach. The beach was stunning. However, the taxi driver sort of held us hostage while she hawked for other passengers and over-filled the boat.

Hell

(4)
Hell was an interesting place to get your passport stamped and mail a postcard back home.
Read 34 Hell Reviews

Turtle Farm

(5)
The turtle farm was an excellent experience that the entire family enjoyed.