Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by katoboy: Not my style.

Carnival Inspiration 2

Not my style.

Sail Date: January 2013
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

Booked Carnival Inspiration for short cruise on January 14th to Ensenada, for a small family reunion. Our embarkation port was changed from Long Beach to San Pedro with only one day notice, creating confusion and a very late departure. (Problem with the Carnival Splendor in Long Beach.)

Unfortunately didn't anticipate the party ship atmosphere. Don't get me wrong, while we did enjoy ourselves for the most part, we think we should have selected a cruise with a more mature clientele. Loud and noisy. A rock band in every corner. Lots of young people got me to wondering if they check ID's in the bars and casino. To their credit, the ship does designate special areas for younger children, however I wouldn't recommend this particular (party) cruise for younger families. The bar and the extra loud band in the atrium area was a bit too much. I suspect these offshore casinos are unregulated.

In general, the food and the service were alright, but not even in the More same ballpark as Holland America or Oceania. (They ran out of bananas on the second day.) The meat loaf was "mystery meat", and a bit chewy. The printer in the internet lounge was broken after day two, so we couldn't even print out our airline boarding passes.

Wouldn't book this one again. Less

Published 01/23/13

Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X