Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by Sheltiegurl3: Perfect Vacation

Compare Prices on Norwegian Jewel Southern Caribbean Cruises

Perfect Vacation

Sail Date: January 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

Well, where do I begin...?? Let me just say everything was PERFECT and extremely relaxing,....we chose not to do any excursions this time around...We were better off not doing them...I ended up coming down with a Chronic Sinus infection that began on Day 3...first day of our first port in Old San Juan, PR. So we just walked around the town for a short while...then went back to the ship to relax...We did that the entire time...

Im a very finicky/light eater so my hubby & I opted to eat only in the Buffet areas and Blue Lagoon twice...The Food was FABULOUS!!!

We adored our steward Tirso...he was Awesome...as well as the entire staff on the ship...Captain Lars Bergstorm was a very kind and amazing guy!!!

We didnt partake in that many activities...just relaxed and thats all we were looking for...the shows in the Star Dust Theatre were Awesome!!

We are looking to book our 2nd cruise aboard the Gem in September for the Canada Fall foliage cruise, Halifax,Nova More Scotia, New Brunswick..etc.

Norwegian Cruise Line is the BEST!!!

Customs In/Out of NYCity was very quick and easy!!

The weather was AMAZING the entire time from January 6th thru January 18th, 2013!!!

I guess the only TRUE CON I could see was..people saving lounge chairs on the pool deck...putting their towels on chairs and no where to be found..we watched and observed them for over 45 minutes...they werent in the pools or the hot tubs...time to be agressive next time and begin removing the towels...(*OOPS the wind blew them off!*) LOL Less

Read more Norwegian Jewel cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Jewel Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Jewel 9032

Cabin # 9032 was very nice for my husband and I..very nice size balcony...we had a amazing Steward...his name was Tirso!!!