Queen Victoria Cruise Review by lkoontz

Member Name: lkoontz
Cruise Date: December 2012
Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: Canary Islands
See More About: Queen Victoria Cruise Reviews | Canary Islands Cruise Reviews | Cunard Cruise Deals

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Queen Victoria Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Queen Victoria Deck Plans
Cunard NEVER Again
CUNARD NEVER AGAIN---The worst cruise ever. I posted some concerns prior to my Cunard sailing this last Christmas - New Years Queen Victoria Cruise. I always contact the cruise company before hand about some health concerns we have. ALSO the company lowered their prices drastically and unlike THIS year's price promise they would do NOTHING for those of us who booked early... loyal cruisers. I became more concerned that after two phone calls and six emails that their customer service was lacking. NOT because they would not refund me money or upgrade me BUT because they NEVER answered an email or a phone call, even about the health concerns. I even went to the headquarters in Valencia, California in person and was promised a call back within 24 hours. NO call or email. They still have NEVER responded to my emails or my calls or personal visit.

Once on the ship I figured let's make this a wonderful cruise. Beautiful ship, GREAT CC members and folks on our table... but the WORST service of any of my 35+ cruises. Every time I ask for help or for an answer to something it was "we can not help you at this time". One woman was crying at the front desk because Cunard would not take her American Express travelers checks that she bought purposefully in dollars for her onboard expenses. She ask if they could help her figure out what to do and they answered "read the brochure". We had the worst dining room service (and I have traveled Carnival-once, little companies and the big ones) ever. I will say after seven nights of being brought the wrong order (expressly asking for NO gravy and having it swimming in gravy or for a potato instead of rice and being served extra rice), no cream for my coffee until everyone else was done with their coffee and only after asking EVERY night we (most of the folks at the table were angry) we got some relief. It was actually pretty funny. The waiter would bring the WRONG order, we figured we should just eat it and keep quiet then if someone said something he picked up the food (already being eaten) and passed it to the correct passenger. We laughed the time I ask for no croutons (as usual in my salad) and it came as usual, with them. The waiter started taking them off of my dish AS I WAS EATING... "I am eating the salad now, don't worry about it I can just push them aside". He put his serving spoon into my salad and started removing them, I said "PLEASE don't do that I am eating now", he kept taking them out -- the man next to me started throwing croutons into my salad as fast as the waiter could remove them... it was funny in a sad way.

As a teacher I thought the waiter just needed some more training. We did take him aside and we (the table) told him he should write down the orders so he would get them right. He didn't listen and after the 7th night we complained to the head waiter and got a new waiter.

Cunard still has not contacted me even though I wrote a long narrative on my comment card. As for my cruising I love cruising and will go back to RCCL or Celebrity or Princess where if I write an email I have an answer with 48 hours at the longest and have NEVER not been sent a reply to my pre or post cruise emails.

Cunard NEVER AGAIN, and that is too bad. Princes is a great neighbor (Carnival, Princess and Cunard are headquartered here) in my city of Santa Clarita. They give generously to the charities I work with. Too bad about their sister company Cunard-WORST CRUISE EVER.

GREAT CC GROUP. THANKS to everyone for making our Christmas exchange so nice. It was wonderful to pass some of you on our way to somewhere and have a friendly face look back at us. OF course a special thank you to Steve and Gayle who made the cruise extra special. We are still recovering from the whirlwind tour of their little corner of the world, Chipping Norton and everywhere possible north, south, east and west. What amazing hosts. AND I took Gayle to the 99Cents store in California!

__________________