Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by rod1204: Good value for the price

rod1204
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Norwegian Spirit Canary Islands Cruises

Good value for the price

Sail Date: January 2013
Destination: Canary Islands
Embarkation: Other

Embarkation/Dis-embarkment was easy and pain free in Malaga and was no trouble at all.

Cleanliness - Our bedroom stewardess was great, Meera thanks very much. Public areas were good to, however there were quite a few dirty windows, sort it out, some of them could have easily been cleaned!

Raffles Restaurant - Avoid! The food is fine, lots of variety & the staff are great, however it's hard to get a seat and some of the people in the queues have clearly forgotten what manners are!

Le Bistro - Really good restaurant, worth paying the extra. Food was delicious would definitely recommend going.

Italian Restaurant - Again good, although the service was very strange! Kept asking if we were OK every 10 seconds... At least we can say that we didn't feel neglected.

Windows - Good! Better than the Garden, the staff always looked stressed in here and definitely wasnt as chilled as Windows. Menus in both weren't updated much and there could have been More more choice!

Staff - I found most of the staff excellent. Lorielle, Charlie, Gusty & Conrad to name but a few. Elaine who worked in the snack bar & the Windows restaurant was also really nice as well.

Entertainment - Not my kind of thing so didn't go to most of the shows, however the acrobat show was worth a watch. The sea was rough and the ship was rocking up and down so they were lucky they didn't fall off, very impressed! Day time entertainment was pretty poor although the Bingo guys tried really hard. The nightclub was probably the nicest part of the ship although a little quiet. Perhaps that had something to do with the DJ having a limited amount of CDS? Playing the same song sometimes 4 times in the same hour isn't what I want to hear. The same applied to round the pool, get a bit of variety.

Internet - Poor connection and absolute rip off! Surely you would increase those profits if you lowered your costs? I don't mind paying but I'm not paying that!

Announcements - Sometimes they are needed, like if the ship is going to sink but are they really needed in bedroom areas between 8-10am in the morning? We know what's happening during the day time, where we are docked ect. I went to bed at 4 O'clock this morning, thanks for waking me up. You leave a programme in our room each night detailing what's happening, is there really the need to announce it as well? Holidays should be about relaxing and lie ins not waking to the screeching of Cruise Director Jill.

Ports - All were nice, however wasn't pleased we couldn't stop in Lanzarote. The weather was blamed but it was hardly Hurricacne Sandy, think this may have been an excuse to cover up for something else? A lot of passengers thought this as well.

All Inclusive Drinks Package - Worth doing if you are going to be drinking more than 5 drinks each per couple per night, though bottled water isn't included although most other soft drinks are? Another rip off, bottled water was cheaper than cans of coke ect last time I checked!

Overall had a good cruise. Ship could do with a bit of modernization but for the price we paid I can't complain. Less

Read more Norwegian Spirit cruise reviews >>