Celebrity Constellation 4

1oklahoma1
Member Since 2011
18 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

This was our first cruise on Celebrity after 4 on Holland. Each has their strengths. Holland wins on bedding and food and staff friendliness. Celebrity wins on things to do on ship, entertainment, music, liveliness and fun onboard.

Four nights was a good length. We had one sea day. We didn't have much time in port especially in Key West. The excursion choices in both Key West and Cozumel were extensive. I would have liked to do more than one, but that's never possible.

The great music started before we left Miami and continued all through the trip with both live entertainment throughout the ship and recorded music. Most of the shows were good except for the juggler. I'm not sure just what he was supposed to be doing. I left early. People seemed to be having a lot of fun all during the cruise.

The bedding left a bit to be desired. There was a lump in the middle where the beds were pushed together and a sunken area in the middle of each bed. The More staff would speak if spoken to, but none of them seemed to be having very much fun. I did wonder why there were so many deck chairs with broken straps, but otherwise the Constellation seemed to be handling her age pretty well.

The food was fine. We aren't gourmets, but Holland seems to have a bit better presentation and quality.

I liked the variety of activities offered. In the spa, no one tried to push any products on me unlike during the shopping presentation.

We would sail again with Celebrity maybe on a different ship. The vibe seemed much younger. Embarkation and debarkation were quick and smooth.

On another note, we stayed in Ft. Lauderdale, but the ship left from Miami. That was a bit of a hassle. We had to make sure the timing was right to catch the pre-paid shuttles there and back. We won't stay in one port and sail from another again. Less

Celebrity Constellation Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Published 01/21/13

Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Constellation Review

Celebrity Constellation Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?