Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by MATHA531

Carnival Miracle
Carnival Miracle
Member Name: MATHA531
Cruise Date: January 2013
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 8A
See More About: Carnival Miracle Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Needed a Miracle to win at Bingo
Just got back from a nice cruise on the Carnival Miracle. It was good but not perfect.

EMBARCATION: Was a zoo as pier 88 had both the Miracle and the Norwegian Gem in port at the same time loading up. Was worried abut my baggage ending up on the right ship as the baggage tags are stapled on but I did get a baggage tag to put around the handle and it ended up on the right ship in the right cabin. Queues at security were long because of the two ship0s buyt onece through the Disdney type queue lines, Norwegian check in was jammed while we were directed to Carnival check in at the rear of the terminal. Took less than 5 minutes from there and I was on the ship.

STATEROOM: Being the cheap person I am, I usuall book the cheapest accomodations. When I booked, they were pushing upgrades so I paid for an interior cabin and ended up with a balcony. Not that I sed the balcony but it was quite adequate for me, mnyself and I. No open fridge (I suppose you have to request the room steward to open it, there was somethng lockied therer but at the last moment because of weight I had decided not to bring my 12 pack of coke zero vanilla. Also did not have3 ice and probably should have aked. Other than that, cabin was keept quite clean. Thank you room personnel.

FOOD: Well let me preface, the food on the whole was good but could hav e been better. Complaint? Buffet did not have a great amount of variety both for lunch and breakfast. Main dining room was pen fro brunch with the 2 minute comedy act at the top of each hour. Only a few stations for breakfast serving omlettesd (not that many toppings), scrambled eggs other kinds of eggs, home fries, some toasts but no things such as fresh fruits (at least I didn't see any) or smoked salmon or corn beef hash. Different kinds of cold cereals and a cake station. Same complaint about lunch buffet. A couple of stations with ethnic foods, always Asian sometimes Italian, American but not a huge variety. There was a sald bar, a deli (good sandwiches) and pizza. At the entrance between the pool area and the buffet there were good hamburgers, franks, onions, mushrooms, chili, french fries, chicken nuggets. Complain hardly anybody came around to serve drinks to enable me to take advantage of my unlimited soda card.

Always ate dinner in main dining room and the menus were varied and good although portions were small but no complaints about food or service except one NY strip steak which was the toughest thing I ever tried to eat. I had the anytime dining and always tried to go around 1845 to have time to eat and see the early show. Staff was very accommodating and always gave me a second shrimp cocktail when I asked (but the shrimp were very skimpy; oh well).

ENTERTAINMENT: The usual. Not bad. Not great. Nice show every night. Also adult only comedy acts after the shows.

PORTS: Went to spacer center in Florida but quite frankly Nassau was a dump.; We got there late (11 AM which was the scheduled arrival) and it was on the Sunday of the NFL playoffs. Got off the ships, walked a couple of blocks, bought a Hard Rock Cafe t-shirt and thought the whole scene was a dump. Of course those who went to Atlantis might differ. Freeport was a waste of time. Got off the ship, walked around and went back on the ship to go swimming.

DISEMBARCATION: Well they have the free walk off first but do it by floor. Then the zoned but my complaint was that I had no choice which zone they put me in; one of the very last. Did not get off the ship till about 11 AM. On most other cruises I have been on, you chose your zone bu going to customer relations the days before the end of the cruise. At least I had little trouble finding my baggage.

Was it a bad cruise? Not in the slightest but I can be a very picky eater!

Publication Date: 01/21/13