Become a Cruise Insider
Tips, deals and more in your inbox.

Ventura Cruise Review by Shirl the Girl: Fabulous!!

Shirl the Girl
Member Since 2010

Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on Ventura Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Fabulous!!

Sail Date: December 2012
Embarkation: Barbados

My husband, son (13 years) and I have just recently returned from a fantastic holiday aboard the Ventura sailing around the many beautiful islands of the Eastern Caribbean!

Feel I need to write a review as we had such a wonderful time aboard this ship.

Firstly, we flew with Thomson Airlines direct from Newcastle which was a treat being a direct flight of only 8.5 hours.

The embarkation was very smooth and efficient and we weren't long exploring our home (ship) for the next two weeks.

We found the Ventura to be very organised, clean with lots of helpful staff.

Unfortunately there was a bout of Norovirus onboard as we embarked, but this situation was handled very well by P&O. Extra staff were in the buffet areas, where you were not allowed to handle any of the utensils. The staff served you.

Antibacterial hand gel was strictly enforced, not only in the buffet, but in the main restaurants also.

Within a couple of days, P&O advised More there were no more reported cases of Norovirus and all usual facilities had resumed.

Excellent points....

-Saffron Restaurant -- absolutely wonderful food (5 courses) each evening. My husband is a fussy eater. Here he always found such wonderful dishes on the menu.

-Breakfast in the buffet. Always fully stocked even until late breakfast (around 11.30am)

-East (Asian restaurant) -- we sat for lunch one day which we found to be very pleasant and enjoyable.

-Ramblas (Tapas restaurant) -- again a pleasant treat with just a very small cover charge.

-Drinks -- very reasonably priced including bottles of wine, which were enjoyed each evening at dinner.

-The entertainment was fabulous in the Arena Theatre. We watched excellent comedians to a vocalist from the 'Foundations' in the 60's to the brilliant 'Headliners' Entertainment team.

-We required a replacement bulb in our room. I called through to reception and within 5 minutes the maintenance team had it replaced.

Overall, I would rate P&O 10/10. Mostly enjoyed and I will definitely book with this company again.

We have sailed with Princess Cruises previously and find P&O to be just as good. Less

Published 01/22/13