Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by ingytunes: Doomsday Cruise :)

ingytunes
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Carnival Miracle Bahamas Cruises

Doomsday Cruise :)

Sail Date: December 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

This was our first "Christmas" cruise and leaving out of New York was probably not the smartest thing we could have done, but we did not have to fly, so costs were down.

Embarkation was smooth and easy being with the VIP group. This was our first cruise on Carnival and overall it was very good. The Muster drill was held outside so that was a little cool to say the least.

Our Vista suite was a 10 out of 10, and we would certainly book it again, best dollar for dollar value of any of the suite's we have cruised. Once we reached warmer weather the wrap around balcony was so nice.

The ship itself is very beautiful, the theme in this ship is "Story Telling" and I loved all the decor, it is definitely worth seeing.

The food was average, there was nothing wrong with it, it was just OK. However Nick and Nora's steakhouse was absolutely fantastic, worth every cent of the charge, and the biggest piece of cheesecake for desert I have ever seen in any More restaurant.

By the time we hit Port Canaveral the weather had warmed up and even though our excursion was cancelled due to lack of interest my wife and I grabbed a cab and headed to cocoa beach for some shopping.

Freeport was fun, the weather was great, and we went to lucayan for some shopping and went to the beach, it was far too crowded for us, but a nice experience none the less.

Nassau was Doomsday and the only thing that came close was the fact that there were 5 cruise ships there on that day and I have never seen the port as crowded as that day, lets put it this way, it was so crowded I was able to walk through without being harassed by the local taxi drivers :)

All in all it was a very nice cruise, but we are probably never going to cruise that close to Christmas again, it was hectic leading up to the cruise getting Christmas ready for when we returned, and then we got back on Christmas eve only to go crazy visiting the family for the next three days that we got so run down we got sick...... Less

Read more Carnival Miracle cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Miracle Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Miracle Suite Main

Vista suite is the best value for our money we have experienced on any of the cruise lines. The separate rooms was a delight when one of us wanted to sleep late or go to bed early. The decor was tasteful and elegant. The bathroom was great, a lot of room, the shower and jacuzzi tub were a delight. The placement of the TV in the living room area was a little too high and I found my neck getting sore watching, however the flat screen TV in the bedroom was even bigger and we had no complaints there. We love being in Aft rooms as you are normally protected from the wind, and so this was another plus about having the Vista balcony. I would definitely get a Vista suite again.