“Disappointed in Silhouette”

philen29
Member Since 2010
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
I love Celebrity but not this time - was very disappointed in the Silhouette - we had a balcony cabin on the bump - balcony was a good size - storage was very minimal and not possible to use the over head storage that runs at the top of the bed near the ceiling - this was impossible for seniors to use without falling on the bed or the floor - so just left that alone. The dining room experience was horrible-- service was so slow that we just got up and left before the coffee and dessert we ordered materialized - two other couples at our table left the first night and complained - spoke to alot of people on this cruise and all had the same comment - service in the dining room is not very good - Had expected to have valet service at the end of the trip for our luggage to go to the airport -when I got on ship was informed that this did not exist on this ship - after all, I was told - this ship has been in Europe and is now just starting to cruise the Caribbean - my answer to that was ::: that is what is called poor management - you mean to tell me that this could not have been arranged by management before this ship left for the Caribbean --- as far as disembarkation - was a horror - somehow the tags they give you at the end of the sailing to signify what color and number you are got ripped off one of my bags going down to the pier - so one bag was at the station and the other - well, hunted that down and found it in lost luggage.Rooms were clean - the shops had leftover t-shirts from the Mediterrean - nothing from the caribbean at all - the people who work in the shops were not the friendliest bunch of saleshelp - not a smile from one of them - Have been on Celebrity before and always loved it - will not go on the Silhouette again - getting on the ship was a mess - getting off was a bigger mess - dining was horrible - now we get to the entertainment - this was horrible - we had one juggler and one magician - the rest of the entertainment was the regular cast of dancers and singers - they were good - but really, how many kicks in the air can you sit thru without getting bored stiff. All in all I was glad to have this cruise over with - and that is saying something.
Celebrity Silhouette Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Deluxe Veranda 2A

2A8256
Good size balcony - closet space too small - overhead storage over bed is not a great place for seniors to try and put their clothes. Room was clean -
Published 01/21/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Celebrity Silhouette Review
Celebrity Silhouette Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?