Silver Whisper Cruise Review by Dave033

Cruise Date: October 2009
Embarkation: Singapore
Destination: Asia
Cabin Category: VES
See More About: Silver Whisper Cruise Reviews | Asia Cruise Reviews | Silversea Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Silver Whisper Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Silver Whisper Deck Plans
What, no Lamb Chops!
I received an unsolicited call from my travel agent saying "You gotta do this" OK, I'm standing in line in a liquor store anyway, why not! OK, I'm a man of my word. I agreed to this. I guess I'd better read up on it.

Armed with a glass of something, I started checking some of the blogs for Silverseas "Silver Whisper" Iv'e been on the Silver Spirit and the Silver Shadow since then but nobody forgets their first time!

I recall reading a blog in which the writer advised several things including that Lamb Chops for breakfast on Silverseas was not to be missed. I locked this away in my human hard drive.

The ship was everything that the other cruise lines weren't. All ships take you picture for your boarding card. Silversea Officers take pride in knowing the guests by sight and calling you by name. OK, there are only 325 passengers but this is still pretty cool.

Once we got settled in our stateroom, we thought about ordering-in for the next day breakfast. We went through the usual and then I remembered Lamb Chops (med rare).Later that evening we received a call from the Executive Chef no less appologizing profusely that they did not have Lamb Chops but that they would get some on the next stop.

I had placed a couple of good bottles of wine in my suitcase to see if we could do a tasting with the Sommelier. He pulled out some of his favorites out of the cellar. Great evening. If you are planning a multi generational family cruise, this is not for you or the little ones. No nursery. What they do they do very well. It is not stuffy.My favorite cruise line

Publication Date: 01/18/13