Silver Whisper Cruise Review by Dave033: What, no Lamb Chops!

Silver Whisper 5

What, no Lamb Chops!

Sail Date: October 2009
Destination: Asia
Embarkation: Singapore

I received an unsolicited call from my travel agent saying "You gotta do this" OK, I'm standing in line in a liquor store anyway, why not! OK, I'm a man of my word. I agreed to this. I guess I'd better read up on it.
Armed with a glass of something, I started checking some of the blogs for Silverseas "Silver Whisper" Iv'e been on the Silver Spirit and the Silver Shadow since then but nobody forgets their first time!
I recall reading a blog in which the writer advised several things including that Lamb Chops for breakfast on Silverseas was not to be missed. I locked this away in my human hard drive.
The ship was everything that the other cruise lines weren't. All ships take you picture for your boarding card. Silversea Officers take pride in knowing the guests by sight and calling you by name. OK, there are only 325 passengers but this is still pretty cool.
Once we got settled in our stateroom, we thought about ordering-in for the next day breakfast. We went through the More usual and then I remembered Lamb Chops (med rare).Later that evening we received a call from the Executive Chef no less appologizing profusely that they did not have Lamb Chops but that they would get some on the next stop.
I had placed a couple of good bottles of wine in my suitcase to see if we could do a tasting with the Sommelier. He pulled out some of his favorites out of the cellar. Great evening. If you are planning a multi generational family cruise, this is not for you or the little ones. No nursery. What they do they do very well. It is not stuffy.My favorite cruise line Less

Published 01/18/13

Read more Silver Whisper cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Silver Whisper Review >>

Compare Prices on Silver Whisper Asia Cruises

Cabin review: VES

Have you taken a cruise before?
Thank you!