Mariner of the Seas 4

tache466
Member Since 2012
9 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

It was our first time to sail at this time of the year. We had a good time aboard the Mariner. The highlight of our entertainment was hearing "The Texas Tenors". It was the best show we've ever seen on any cruise. The service was average. Nothing remarkable, just average. The food in the main dining was good. Our waiter was terrific. Dinner at the speciality restaurant Choppes was excellent and reasonably priced.

The ports of call, Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Montego Bay were average. There were 6 ships in port at Cozumel. 5 in Grand Cayman and just us in Montego Bay. Just too many people to enjoy the area.

The Mariner took special care in sanitation. Everywhere you went, there were hand sanitizers. You were required to use one everytime you entered a dinning area. People were stationed encouraging your use. I witnessed lots of cleaning on handrails, buttons on elevators, lavatories. They did a great job. The royal promenade was the delight. They had adequate areas for More seating. The art aboard the ship had to be best I'd ever seen. The decor, lighting and display literally was breathing taking. The main pool areas were nice but crowded a good part of the day.

I would rate sailing aboard this ship a "little above average". Would I sail on this ship again? No. No particular reason. There are so many other ships out there that my wife and I want to try. We sailed on two other Royal Caribbean ships, "Rhapsody of the Seas" and "Vision of the Seas". The Mariner was better. My advice - view your SBC statements prior to sailing and acquire daily charge statements. We had received credit for a spa treatment. The guest service desk had no record. The spa department did. The two departments had no way of communicating with each other. It took three days to get everything corrected. Their on board accounting department needs to update their system. Statements delivered to your room at the end of your cruise are just placed in the handle of your door. Privacy of your statement is non-existent. Less

Mariner of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: January 2013
Embarkation: Galveston
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

Terrific Course. Loved it.

Published 01/16/13

Read Cruise Critic's Mariner of the Seas Review

Mariner of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?