Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by johann22: Unforgettable Cruise Holiday

Unforgettable Cruise Holiday

Sail Date: December 2012
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

This was my fifth cruise holiday with Royal Caribbean and a consecutive one on a Radiance Class ship.

Following the revitalisation of Serenade, of which I was informed by own research, I was expecting to notice the changes which were quite drastic in areas such as in the Centrum, where new lighting and decorative strips are now on show, as well as brand new furniture on Deck 4. Carpets, I assume, were new in almost the entire ship and of cheerful colours!

On the first day we had a smooth embarkation greeted by very friendly photographers. Upon entry to the ship we were presented to offers on the new specialty restaurants such as the Chef Table and Chops Grille, which was a good introduction.

"My Time" dining was a bit of a shambles on the first night and new to us. Would have preferred to go to a set table every night, as per previous cruises. However, "My Time" offers the flexibility which we appreciated during the cruise.

Excellent service and food More in the dining room to which we went everyday. The food in the Windjammer was excellent as well. Managed to go for a bite on one evening for dinner prior to fine dining to discover and it was great, with plenty of options. Tried

Taking the excursions offers great peace of mind but some are considerably overpriced. So consider other options like taxis and trains, if you plan to go inland. A good example is Rome. Train is much cheaper but you have to plan well around it and is your responsibility to come back on time.

It was unforgettable because 11 nights is a lot of days and enough to get familiar with the lifestyle in the cruiseship. So I left a bit nostalgic because I had met great people, not only guests but crew members as well who were very attentive and friendly.

During the New Year the celebration took place at the centrum/Atrium , 6 hours after departing from Malta. It was great and there was a countdown screen and complimentary champagne.

The ship was in great conditions however, I did notice general tear and wear on elevator chrome frames, roofs.

I am already thinking on my next cruise. Less

Read more Serenade of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Serenade of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Serenade of the Seas Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom Deck 7 7118

Smaller than expected. Great balcony, good sound insulation