Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by puppyvicky

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by puppyvicky
Carnival Imagination
Carnival Imagination
Member Name: puppyvicky
Cruise Date: January 2013
See More About: Carnival Imagination Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Worst trip ever!
My husband and I was from Monday January 7th to Friday January 18th 2013 on the Carnival Imagination.

We are returning customers and were very disappointed from our vacation with the Carnival Imagination. First of all the AC in our stateroom was broken. We tried to turn it off because it was way to cold. But even after hours the stateroom was still freezing cold. We went to the guest service and the lady was giving us first an audited before she decided to call for an handyman to take care of the AC.

The food on the Carnival Imagination was not well prepared. The vegetables were undercooked and the meat was overcooked. The Pasta Mariscos, what is not a common sauce to know what is in it and should be described as Seafood Pasta. My husband is highly allergic to any kind of seafood and by his first bite he had a shrimp inside his mouth. He rinsed his mouth immediately with water but he had to deal several hours with numb lips and a rash the next day.

The ice cream and frozen yogurt machine was broken and served runny ice creams. Even after complains for days, they only got repaired on the last day of sailing. The silver wear was very often dirty and we had to repolish our own silver wear, so that we can use it.

It was so boring this time on the boat. The selection on events and shows where hold on a very low budget of Carnival Imagination. Most of the time it was information events to spend a lot of money or the guests of the ship had to be interactive and make their own show so Carnival didn't had to pay more employers to perform this shows. The comedians were terrible. Not funny at all, stupid actually and sometimes they forgot their text in the middle of the sentence.

By lunch we could follow a loud conversation of your employees Nigel and Nadelin from the Duty Free Shop. Most of them were amused that "the dumb tourist" are so much in to the bracelets and in the watches. They thought it was funny how much they can sell this "crap". I bought myself some bracelets and I totally felt offended.

The main reasons we booked your cruise was that we wanted to see and enjoy Cozumel, Mexico. That day was a very sad disappointment. We got up at 5.30AM and couldn't wait to go of the boat and start our 7 hour tour the mayan ruins of tulum. At 6.30AM we went to the guest service and asked them when and where we can go of the boat. They said they will say it thru a speaker. Well at 7.30AM we still didn't hear the announcement and looked outside our window. People were leaving already. So we had to run of the boat and to the other side of the port where the little ship was waiting. First we were scared that we missed the tour already. The reason we wanted to go on this trip and then we were about to miss it?! Gladly they waited for us and other people what were even more late. After a 45min delay and a 45 min ship ride we got rushed to our tour bus which was full with 1,000s of mosquitos. This bus ride was another hour. 5 minutes before we could reach the runis, we made a stop to a private souvenir hall where you feel like they try to rob you with their prices. And every single bus driver had an identical mask "from their grand mom" what you could buy inside their private souvenir for a rip off price.

Finally we reached the ruins. We had 2 hours. 1 hour tour and 1 hour our selfs. On the way back we rushed again from bus to boat to cruse ship. We had our foot 2 hours and a piece of land in Mexico! Sorry this is not how we was imagining our trip. This circumstances mades us very angry.

The day of Key West didn't start better. Because of bad weather we ported later. The pre-booked tour what we were planing on doing was in our eyes time wise not possible anymore and we had to cancel the tour. But then since we didn't have our shores anymore Carnival Imagination didn't let us of the boat right away. We had to wait till our deck got called. It was 4PM when we came of the boat and the last trolly back to the ship left Key West at 7PM. So we had only 3 hours in Key West. Not enough time to see anything.

So besides being on the boring unentertainment ship we where in total only 5 hours in total on land.

In the evening was the big watches sale. The sales man kept on screaming:"Buy your watches, buy your watches, buy your watches tonight,... tonight is the night. As more you buy, the better you fell! .... As more you buy, the better is it for us!" He and other employees were giggling about his funny lines while they had all glassy eyes and kept on touching their noses. I videotaped this moments with my phone. WE and other guest had the feeling we were in a cheap swop shop. It was in this trip very extrem that the only interest of Carnival Imagination was to make more money off of every single guest. And since we were not much on land to spend our money we only COULD spend it on your ship.

Also on the evening I taped a conversation between me and your sales person Nigel in your Duty Free Shop. I was looking at the Bacardi bottles and Nigel came up to me and said:"I should buy 4 because I look like I would need it." He was so high on drugs that he barley was to understand and to stand strait. He started hugging a Bacardi bottle and said this is the best one, the tast so good, so good that he can't describe how it taste" Unbelievable! But I taped every single word!

We understand now, why you call the ship the Imagination. Because it is so boring that you have to imagine yourself having a good time.

Publication Date: 01/18/13