Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by bolivarchic: Wonderful Quick Get Away with college kids

bolivarchic
Member Since 2007

Compare Prices on Carnival Triumph Western Caribbean Cruises

Wonderful Quick Get Away with college kids

Sail Date: January 2013
Embarkation: Galveston

Our family took the Carnival Triumph Cruise on Thursday January 10th 2013 through the 14th. We had a really fun time. They day before we were to depart, we were upgraded for a fee to a grand suite. We took advantage of the extra room and small fee to allow more room. We were very happy we did! All five in our party had seats on the balcony... yay!! My husband and I are in our early 40's with 2 boys and we treated his mom who was widowed 3 yrs ago. We travel a lot together so it was fine to share the cabin. We had a fun time. We drove to Galveston from Missouri after work on Wednesday; arrived at the ship about 12:30pm. We parked in Lot A for 45 dollars. This little get away just ported once at Cozumel.
Once on the ship....Check in was a breeze. We did eat at the buffet and got into our room in record time. Our room steward was great - Thomas. He was a bit overwhelmed there were 5 in our party since he was just expecting 2 (LOL) but he made adjustments. He also let us clear out More our fridge for our sodas and water we brought on board with us.
The staff on the ship were fabulous. We loved our waiter IMADE and his team. I was able to workout in the spa gym at the forward of the ship. I also used the walking/running trail at the aft of the ship. We loved Mr Crites who provided music on level 3. The kids loved the comedy shows....I actually went to bed early which is what I planned on doing the entire trip so the trip was a SUCCESS! We did not do anything buy layout on the Lido, read and enjoy the sun.

On port day, Cozumel, we grabbed a taxi (20 dollars for 5 of us on a Saturday) to Paradise Beach. This is our second time there. I love it. Very clean, very nice.Clean pool with swim up bar. wonderful beach. 2 roomy changing rooms/ bathrooms....lots of shade or sun...whatever you prefer... You essentially pay for your seat - 2 dollars a chair - then they have the best beach compared to Carlos/Charlie and San Fran (we walked the beach to check it all out) and for 12 dollars more tonz of water inflatables. They do want you to purchase 10 dollars per person in food and drink. Water is 2 as well as soda... One iced spirited beverage is 7.95. They do have 5 dollar drinks at the bar. I was fine with the drinks however, i did speak to folks around me that asked if my drink was weak. We also got a bucket of beer - Miller and it was $18 (5 beers in a bucket) the XX beer was $16 a bucket.
The weather was wonderful - the food was good...we didn't starve. The kids ordered steak plus another entree every night....Formal night dinner was really yummy...It was just a really nice time especially for a quick get away.... Less

Read more Carnival Triumph cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Triumph Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Triumph Suite Empress 7294

We had the grand suite as an upgrade. Our traveling party was my husband's Mom (widowed) and two kids 21 & 18 boys - My husband and I... Wonderful Huge Balcony - seated 5. Nice changing room - no door though but it didn't matter - sink and storage/closet in that area....Double sink in with Big jacuzzi tub ( not hotel size -ship size)in Bathroom.. and wonderful shower in with tub. Probably needs an eye catching update but for our family it was perfect for the value & short cruise. Great closet and storage space. Fridge was a nice added-value. We slept 5 with a king, double pull out and then a roll away. Flat screen TV and giant entertainment center with storage - so if 2 used this room...super roomy.... :)

Wonderful time. Took a taxi from the port - 20 dollars on Saturday for 5 of us one way. Chairs are 2 dollars. Beach and Pool are fabulous. Wonderful ocean fun for 12 dollars more. Need to order 10 dollars in food and drink while you are there..... Staff were fab and the bathrooms - changing rooms very clean and nice. :)
Read 3087 Cozumel Reviews