Carnival Legend Cruise Review by juno120: It's not a fun ship :-(

Compare Prices on Carnival Legend Western Caribbean Cruises

It's not a fun ship :-(

Sail Date: December 2012
Embarkation: Tampa

I was surprised to notice that there were not too many smiling faces on the ship. I did not get any warm greetings. Comparing to my previous cruise experience, the service staffs seem less happy.

Incidents on board:
1. The hair dryer burned with smoke came out of the unit. Fortunately, I did not get electrocuted.
2. Room phone stopped working 3 times. The service staff came over to "un-stuck" a stuck key. He did not bother to give us a working phone.
3. Internet stopped working due to equipment malfunction. Carnival refused to refund my Internet purchase for the minutes that I was not able to use because of their problems.

Entertainments:
1. The entertainment on board was so bored that the entertainment director even yawned on the stage.
2. Too many adult only comedy shows. The family shows were limited and not so exciting for kids.
3. No Christmas party on board, no excitement, no Christmas show. It's just like another day on a More regular ship. Very disappointed, considering we paid the top dollars for this trip.

Food:
The main dining room offered good dishes, but the buffet had the same food for every breakfast and lunch. Buffet also had short service hours. We often had to skip breakfast when we woke up late.

Excursion:
The excursion is expensive considering the service we received. The "Altun Ha Mayan Site & River Wallace" tour at Belize was especially bad.
1. Poor boat with very limited ventilation and 2/3 of the seats had no view.
2. Limited selection for self paid lunch.
3. Waited over 1 1/2 hours for the bus to arrive, which was too small for the group. We were asked to wait for over one hour again for the second bus.
4. We had only 20 minutes to tour the Mayan site out of 8 hours spent,
No happy face at the end of this excursion. The ship's departure schedule was delayed because of three tours offered by Carnival experienced the similar delay.

No more Carnival for me :-( Less