Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by Coolflbeaches: CARNIVAL FREEDOM -NiGHTMARE AT SEA

Coolflbeaches
Member Since 2012

Entertainment Not Rated
Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Freedom Western Caribbean Cruises

CARNIVAL FREEDOM -NiGHTMARE AT SEA

Sail Date: January 2013

The embarking process was great, small lines and nice flow. The ship was clean but shoddy. In our room the bed skirts were missing for 3 days so it looked a bit undesirable. They supply bathrobes, nice but they were stained, The towels the same, stained...even the cute towel animals were stained towels. Smoking was allowed on the balcony but the ashtray was not emptied. You must request ice for the room but that is not refilled but 1 time daily.

The furniture on the balcony was nice but the small table there was missing one of the plastic pieces on the bottom leg so the table rocked back and forth and made a noise each time.

The food was a bit blow average I would say, variety very limited for dinner buffet. Very unimpressive to say the least. The menu for the sit down dinner was even worse. The one night they had lobster they never even put it on the menu that you can check in your rooms with the interactive television.

They have the soda package which was More more expensive that other cruise lines and you had to buy the cup on top of it (if you wanted the insulated cup, where other cruise lines give this to you free of charge). When you went to the bar for a refill it seemed like an effort for the staff to get it for you. Also if you buy the package for children they can only refill at the bars, you can't get it for them only they can get the refill. So not a great idea if you don't want your child at the bar.

The nightclub is for 18 years and over and they are proofed at the door. once inside anyone of any age can drink. Security there was a joke, early stages of a fight with yelling and screaming security failed to respond. when the fight was in full force they finally made an appearance. They have security cameras only focused on the bar but not in the club per the head of security.

The staff in white which is Carnival's management walk around and would not smile or speak, very unimpressive and blatantly rude actually. Alfredo at the Guest Services desk needs to be terminated for his behavior. I can't imagine how he ever made it to any position dealing with people as he has zero people skills. The most impressive staff member on the ship was Ayu that took care of the room. She was very kind and helpful. Her helpers took a close second.

The amount of elevators made changing floors a breeze, a huge plus.

This was my first and last time cruising Carnival. Their priorities are totally screwed up. I traveled with a close friend that is a platinum member, she didn't get ice or a towel animal on the first night and made mention of this on Facebook, everyday thereafter gifts were sent to her room. Nothing against that but I have an 18 year old daughter that was given a drink in the night club, was slipped a roofie which left her out cold and she somehow broke off the bottom third of her top front tooth. The last 2 nights and days of my cruise was trying to get someone to understand the severity and danger of this situation and it was really like a huge imposition to them. There was absolutely no concern if she was still ill or even to ask if I was alright. We were scared half to death and cannot believe we were treated this way. An "I'm so sorry this happened, or this is horrific, we will see what we can do to change things." would have went a long way. I guess it's all about how often you cruise and how much you spend on alcohol with Carnival. I am so thankful my daughter was brought back to our room by a friend and nothing else happened to her and only pray that it isn't your child this happens to. Less

Read more Carnival Freedom cruise reviews >>