Carnival Glory Cruise Review by volscot: Carnival Glory Wester Caribbean (Cabin 1060)

volscot
Member Since 2007

Family & Children 3.5

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Glory Wester Caribbean (Cabin 1060)

Sail Date: January 2013

We cruised on the Glory out of Miami to the Western Caribbean. Our itinerary was Cozumel, Costa Maya, Roatan and Grand Cayman. We ended up missing Costa Maya due to high winds and large swells.

This was our second time on this itinerary, with the exception of Costa Maya. Last time, we stopped in Belize so I was looking forward to the new port. Unfortunately, the weather didn't cooperate so we had to skip it.

Bottom line, the ship was nice but not spectacular. I booked this ship due to the recent FunShip 2.0 upgrades, but must say I was sorely disappointed in Guy's and the Blue Iguana. Both burgers I tried from Guy's were overcooked to the point of being crispy on the bottom (YUCK) and the fries were limp and greasy. I told my kid's that I much prefer the burgers I make on the grill at home. I typically love Moe's, Chipotle, Qdoba-type burrito places, but I didn't care at all for the spices they used at the Blue Iguana. I ate about half of one burrito before I More couldn't take it anymore.

The food in the main dining room and at the buffet was good to very good. We had Your Time Dining and the service was spotty. We found one really good waitress, one that was okay, and one that was slow. We went to the Punchliner's Brunch once and the service was S-L-O-W. We were at breakfast for over 90 minutes - there were tables that came in after we ordered and were gone before we finished. The desserts (both in the MDR and buffet) always looked better than they tasted. I actually liked the chocolate-chip cookies, jello and sherbet the best.

The only entertainment we did was the comedy shows. One word of caution, the "family-friendly" shows weren't. Two of the three comedians used language that we don't use at home. It especially wasn't appropriate for children, particularly since Carnival bills it as being appropriate for them.

I gave a detailed review of my cabin (1060) in the appropriate place, but overall we loved the location (Deck 10 forward) but thought 1060 needs some TLC. Also, it is directly across from the stewards work closet, so expect to hear talking and doors opening/closing early in the morning. Our steward (Harvey) was very good. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Glory Balcony Panorama 1060

Mixed bag. GREAT location convenient to the buffet and pool. Little things need fixing: this cabin is right across from the steward's work room, so be prepared to hear voices and doors opening and closing early in the morning; the balcony door wouldn't completely latch, so you could hear the wind blow in and sometimes it would whistle like a child learning how to whistle (ERR! especially in the middle of the night); the third drawer wouldn't close all the way (the back of the drawer front hit the front of the bottom drawer); the access panel cover under the sink in the bathroom wasn't locked in place (it was kind of wedged in and could/would fall open at various times. Bottom line, I would NOT recommend this specific cabin until it gets some much-needed TLC. I would highly recommend other cabins on this hall due to the convenient location.